We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

BiDirectional Diagram Data Binding

I'm in the process of evaluating SyncFusion for a new product we're putting together.

I have some business objects that I want to represent using a diagram, but the diagram needs to be editable by the user. The changes are limited to dragging and dropping new items, deleting items and linking/unlinking them.

I also need to preverve the user defined layout, so they are free to drag items around as they see fit.

Is it possible to accomplish this using supplied data binding or am I going to have to write my own extensions?

4 Replies

JR Jegan R Syncfusion Team October 21, 2010 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Tom,
Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

We have created a sample to represent BusinessObject data binding, In this sample the nodes can be dragged, drop new items, delete, link , unlink, but the Resize and Rotate of nodes is disabled. Also the business object collection can be edited using the menu items provided (Add and Remove), and the node collection will be updated accordingly.

Sample Link: BusinessSamples933155972.zip

We are not cleat with your query regarding, “I also need to preserve the user defined layout, so they are free to drag items around as they see fit”. Please send us more details on this query.

Please let us know if there are any concerns.

Regards,
Jegan

EH ehor January 21, 2011 03:30 AM UTC

Hi,

I had successfully bind my custom class (in XAML) to the GridView and this is just one way direction. Thus, may i know is it possible that if i add a new Node in GridView via UI, then it will automatically add the Node to my binded ObservableCollection?

EH ehor January 24, 2011 04:43 PM UTC

Hi, any idea to my previous question?

SM Sundar M Syncfusion Team February 1, 2011 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Ehor,

We assume that your query is about binding DiagramModel’s Node collections to GridView and the DiagramModel’s Node collection changes also will update to the GridView. We have created a sample for this, in that sample we have added a every DiagramModel’s Node collection element to Observable Collection named”Nodes” and we have binded that “Nodes” ObservableCollection as ItemSource for ListView. GridView is a children of the ListView and we have shown some Node properties value from GridColumns. For more details please refer the sample from the following link :
Sample Link : https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Support/Diagram%20WPF%20&%20SL/Sample/ForumUpdate/GridView.zip

If this sample does not suits your requirement please send us more details with some screenshots and sample representing your requirement. so that we can investigate more on your requirements.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sundar M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon