We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataBoundTemplate issue in GridControl

Hi,

I have a large GridControl which uses several DataBoundTemplate as the CellType.

The issue I'm having is that when I scroll the grid vertically, the cells do not retain their template and everything gets jumbled up.
Sometimes a cell displays the correct template and sometimes it picks up a template from another cell to render.

Is there a way to refresh the cells cleanly?

I have tried calling InvalidateVisual(true) in the QueryCellInfo event, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

6 Replies

PT Patrick Teoh October 7, 2010 02:10 AM UTC

Hi,

I have attached a sample project to simulate my issue, based on the fix provided below.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-silverlight/92319/Cell-Item-Template-not-working-after-a-certain-number-of-cells

Hope this helps in your debugging.

SimpleGrid2_62ca128b.zip

KA Kamalakannan A Syncfusion Team November 15, 2010 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the delay caused.

We have checked with your sample and we are not able to reproduce the issue from 8.4.0.10. However you can refresh the cells using InvalidateCells() as below to fix your issues.

[Code snippet] [C#]

this.dataGrid.Model.InvalidateCell(GridRangeInfo.Table());

Let us know if you need any details.

Thanks,
Kamal.

PT Patrick Teoh November 18, 2010 06:28 AM UTC

Hi Kamal,

I have just installed the latest 8.4.0.10, but I couldn't find any Syncfusion.Grid.Silverlight.dll in the v3.5 assemblies
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\8.4.0.10\Assemblies\3.5

However, I did a retest using .Net Framework 4.0 and this issue is still there.

You can simulate the error as below
- I load the grid with even rows as a button and odd rows as a TextBlock.
- After loading the grid, scroll the grid vertically up and down for awhile, and you will see that the layout changes (buttons and TextBlocks are no longer at their correct row).

I have re-attached my source code in .Net 4 as well as two screenshots (before and after scrool) for your comparison

Regards,
Patrick

SimpleGrid2_62ca128b_1e631116.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2010 03:02 PM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are able to reproduce the issue. Can you please create an incident for this issue? So that we can log this issue and provide you a path with the fix for this.
Regarding the 3.5 Silverlight assemblies - we support Silverlight 3 only in the version 8.2.0.18 and from the next version we are not supporting Silverlight 3. We have support only for Silverlight 4.

Please let us know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Sridharan S.

PT Patrick Teoh November 22, 2010 09:24 AM UTC

Hi,

Incident has been logged.
Looking forward to receiving the latest release with the bug fixed.

Thanks,
Patrick

KA Kamalakannan A Syncfusion Team November 24, 2010 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your update.

Please follow the incident for further updates.

Please let us know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Kamal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon