We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Control Paging and Scrolling

Hi am following the paging example so far for the grid control , what i need to achieve is to be able to adjust the pagesize at runtime. My number of rows change all the time so i can not specify the pagesize. Another tricky thing i need to do is to freeze a certain number of rows and when i page be able to see them. Is it possible to achieve this. Thank you.

//I changed the OnDemandPaging_OnDemandTotalRowCount event to the following code in the paging example

void OnDemandPaging_OnDemandTotalRowCount(object sender, GridPagerOnDemandTotalRowCountArgs e)
{
if(Session["Table"] != null){
DataTable dt = (DataTable)Session["Table"];
e.TotalRowCount = dt.Rows.Count;
}
}

1 Reply

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team October 1, 2010 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I have segregated your query and responded to each of it for better understanding. Please get back to me if I have missed anyone.

1. Adjust the pagesize at runtime:

“Unable to adjust PageSize at runtime” is already a known issue and it fixed and also included in Essential Studio 2010 Volume 4 which is expected to be release on end of October. We suggest you to periodically check our website for the update.

2. I need to do is to freeze a certain number of rows and when i page be able to see them.

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We don’t have any property to achieve this from grid source. But you can achieve this by binding desired number of rows with original data rows, each time when grid is requesting for PagedDataSource.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon