We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Capturing input events in DockingClientPanel children?

I''m developing a custom c-sharp control which handles some mouse and keyboard events. The control works fine when hosted in a "standard" dotnet form, but any keyboard/mouse event seems not to reach it when the same control is contained in a DockingClientPanel control. Nothing changes even if I click on the control and then try pressing some keys, as if it never had the focus. What can I do to let the control receive these events when included in a DockingClientPanel? Thanks!

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2004 10:00 PM UTC

Hi Daniele, I have tested for this issue here, but never encountered the above mentioned problem. I have created a sample_application in v2.0.1.0 as per your directions above and have attached it here. In this sample, I have 3 TextBoxes - TextBox1 placed on the form, TextBox2 placed within a DockingClientPanel and TextBox3 placed within a docking window. I have wired the MouseEnter event to each one of them, and display an appropriate message whenever the mouse enters any of them. When I tested this here all the 3 TextBoxes respond to the MouseEnter event correctly. Please take a look at the sample and let me know if this meets your requirements. If not, kindly modify it to show the problem. Also. let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. I would appreciate if you could send me this information by opening a new incident in DirectTrac in this regard, so that I could update you there from now on. Thanks for your cooperation, and continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DF Daniele Fusi January 7, 2004 06:48 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply! Now I can better specify my problem (my library version is 1.6.8): my custom control reacts to mouse and keyboard events (such as key up), and fills the whole dockingclientpanel. Anyway, there are also other docked windows in the main frame window, which on startup "steal" the focus from the custom control. Thus, the control reacts to mouse click, but NOT to KeyUp, as it has no focus. If I press TAB the focus passes from the docked window to the control and then the control reacts as expected to KeyUp. I attach a sample application. Thus, how can I programmatically set the focus to the custom control? I tried with SetFocus in form Load or in NewDockStateEndLoad, but the left docked pane still retains it (see the attached sample)... Thanks again! Test_4466.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2004 04:22 PM UTC

Hi Daniele, Thanks for the update and also for the sample application. I have tested this sample in v1.6.1.8 and have observed that the docking window locks focus to itself when the application is loaded. A simple workaround to this problem would be set the TabIndex value of the DummyControl to 0 and the TabIndex value of the ListView to large value like 10. This will result in the DummyControl capturing focus when the application loads. I have modifed your sample application accordingly and have attached_it_here. Please refer to it and let me know if this works for you. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DF Daniele Fusi January 8, 2004 07:53 AM UTC

Hi Guru, thank you again. I have tried to set the tabindex as suggested (0 for the custom control and 10 and so forth for other docked controls) in my real application, but it does not seem to work. Further, the workaround should be no help when I need to set the focus to the control *programmatically*. Can you suggest any solution?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2004 08:37 PM UTC

Hi Daniele, Thanks for the update. I will further investigate this issue. I have also created an incident in DirectTrac (# 8558) in this regard and from now on will update you there. In future, please address all your issues through Direct Trac as far as possible. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 9, 2004 02:54 PM UTC

Hi Daniele, Your incident (#8558) on Direct Trac has been updated. I have suggested a solution to the above mentioned there. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon