We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

splittercontrol issue

When using a splitterControl with a gridControl inside, my contextmenu is only raised when I am clicking in the top left panel (with the grid split into different panels). How do I get the other panels to quit blocking the context menu (and any other events that may be getting blocked that I am unaware of)?

v/r
Jan

7 Replies

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team October 4, 2010 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. You could achieve the desired behavior by handling the MouseDown event. This will allow us to display contextmenu on right clicking on the grid cells by checking the e.Inner.Button property. Sample also shows how to display different context menu on different parts of the grid.

if (e.Inner.Button == System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Right)
{
int row = 0;
int col = 0;
Point pt = new Point(e.Inner.X, e.Inner.Y);
e.TableControl.PointToRowCol(pt, out row, out col);

GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(row, col);

if (style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.Kind == DisplayElementKind.ColumnHeader)
{
this.ContextMenuStrip1.Show(e.TableControl, pt);
}
//Caption
else if (style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.Kind == DisplayElementKind.Caption)
{
this.ContextMenuStrip2.Show(e.TableControl, pt);

}
//RowHeader
else if (style.TableCellIdentity.ColIndex == 0)
{
this.ContextMenuStrip3.Show(e.TableControl, pt);

}
//Cell
else if (style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.Kind == DisplayElementKind.Record)
{
this.ContextMenuStrip4.Show(e.TableControl, pt);
}

}
}

Sample for your reference:

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=GGCMenu-348734224.zip

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Christo.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2010 03:21 PM UTC

Did you read my post first?

1. I am using a GridControl, not a GridGroupingControl.
2. The issue relates to a GridControl hosted inside a SplitterControl.

Your example has neither a GridControl nor a SplitterControl, and the MouseEventArgs structure associated with a GridControl does not have an "Inner" property, nor a "TableControl" property.

Do you have an idea why the SplitterControl blocks the GridControl from raising a ContextMenu when right-clicking in any panel other than the top left panel of the SplitterControl?

v/r
Jan

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team October 12, 2010 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Jan,

I regret for the inconveninece caused.

I have tested the issue in the following attached sample. The contextmenu is showing propertly on right clicking on the gridcontrols placed in the splittercontrol.

Could you please try reproducing it in the attached sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?.

Kindly let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jisha

GCSplitter_3cf8fbf7.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 12, 2010 04:42 PM UTC

You are not using a SplitterControl (the Syncfusion widget) in your example. You are using a SplitContainer (the Microsoft widget). See the attached example project for an illustration of the problem.

example_17c0a6a5.zip

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team October 21, 2010 04:47 PM UTC

Hi Jan,

We regret for the inconvenience and delay in getting back to you.

I am able to see the reported behavior in ContextMenuStrip when splitterControl is enabled in GridControl. The other parts of the GridControl doesn’t invoke the ContextMenuStrip because you haven’t assign the SplitterControl’s ContextMenuStrip property to ‘contextMenuStripEx1’.

this.gridControl1.ContextMenuStrip = this.contextMenuStripEx1;
this.splitterControl1.ContextMenuStrip = this.contextMenuStripEx1;//set this code too

Please refer the modified sample which illustrates the same.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=example-438973444.zip

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Christo.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 22, 2010 04:43 PM UTC

Thank you. That fixed the problem.

Is the need to assign the context menu to the splitter control in the documentation? I didn't see it. Oh, well... At least it's fixed now.

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team November 2, 2010 04:18 AM UTC

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the update.

We feel happy that your problem has been solved. Please do get back to us if you have any concerns and we will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Arulraj.A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon