We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPMenus - Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus...

I have a situation where I will not know all the child form types until they are created and added to the MdiParent. How can I dynamically add MdiChild Forms and register them to get proper menu behavior? I have a very clunky way of doing it now but it would be nice to dynamically add child form at run time without having to register their types all at the same time. It appears that if you call RegisterMdiChildTypes at the time the child form is created and activated, the menus will partially work if you manually extract them and insert them into the MainMenuBar.Items collections of the MainFrameBarManager object. However, there seems like there should be an easier method, like adding a new type to the already registered type or exposing the registered-types collection (if that's how it is implemented). Any help would greatly influence the decision of using these tools. Thanks, -Jim

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2002 04:39 PM UTC

Jim, As you probably know already, our current version, does not support dynamically adding child Forms with XPMenus. This however, is on top of our feature list to implement in our next version, due very shortly. Do let us know if you have more requirements. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

JC James Cline September 6, 2002 04:58 PM UTC

Praveen, I have a work around but I would rather not rely on it. However, I think it will do until you release the next version! Thanks, Jim > Jim, > > As you probably know already, our current version, does not support dynamically adding child Forms with XPMenus. > > This however, is on top of our feature list to implement in our next version, due very shortly. > > Do let us know if you have more requirements. > > Regards, > Praveen Ramesh >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2002 04:59 PM UTC

Jim, While we are at it, I would also like to get some feedback from you regarding this feature. One of the main purposes of the RegisterMDIChildType method is to make an entry for the toolbars from the Child Forms (even before they are displayed) in the customization dialog and toolbars menu. If you want to Register your child types delayed, then the users, initially, will not see entries for these in the customization dialog. Would you consider this acceptable for your UI? Or rather try to determine all the child-types during initialization and provide your users a consistent UI? Regards, Praveen Ramesh Syncfusion, Inc.

JC James Cline September 10, 2002 02:36 PM UTC

Praveen, If the Child forms toolbars are not visible in the customization menus/dialog until they are registered, then this would be acceptable. The need of loading forms dynamically precludes the need to customize the toolbar for that form since it will not be a factor until it's loaded. Also, a way to unregister types would be a plus as well this way, you could present a consistent UI in that if the form isn’t loaded, then you cannot customize its toolbar. Actually, if it were possible not to even to be required to register the toolbar if it is understood that customization can only occur while it’s loaded, then that would also be acceptable, even preferable. Another thing that I've noticed is that on the Bar object. The BarName is the only identifying property. To allow for localization of the BarName, it seems that an internal name or tag name would be useful. That way the BarName could be localized and the TagName could be used to internally identify the bar. Thanks, Jim > Jim, > > While we are at it, I would also like to get some feedback from you regarding this feature. > > One of the main purposes of the RegisterMDIChildType method is to make an entry for the toolbars from the Child Forms (even before they are displayed) in the customization dialog and toolbars menu. > > If you want to Register your child types delayed, then the users, initially, will not see entries for these in the customization dialog. Would you consider this acceptable for your UI? Or rather try to determine all the child-types during initialization and provide your users a consistent UI? > > Regards, > Praveen Ramesh > Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 11, 2002 03:49 PM UTC

Jim, Yes, we will provide a way to Register/Unregister the child types in a future version (very soon, though). With this approach it will then be upto the programmer to decide which child types should appear in the customization dialog at any given time. I will also make the requiring a TagName a feature request. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon