We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Mouse Hover Tooltip for Histogram Chart

Hi,

One of my needs is to show a tool tip(of X-Axis Value) when the mouse moves over a bar. I saw that the Essential Chart tool provides a Tool tip property to the chart itself. Does it provide it also for each bar in the chart ? If not, is there a way to do so by programing ?

How do i get Tool tip on Mouse Hover of Bars in Histogram Chart?

Thanks,
Prashanthi.

3 Replies

JB Jaffersathick B Syncfusion Team September 17, 2010 04:22 AM UTC

Hi Prashanthi,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to set the Showtooltip and Calcregion property of chart as true and in the “ChartRegionMouseHover” event you can customize the tooltip text of the chart control.

Please refer the following code snippet:
[CS]
this.chartControl1.ShowToolTips = true;
this.chartControl1.CalcRegions = true;

private void chartControl1_ChartRegionMouseHover(object sender, ChartRegionMouseEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Region.IsChartPoint)
{
e.Region.ToolTip = "Tooltip for " + e.Region.PointIndex.ToString();

}
}

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Jaffer

PR prashanthi September 21, 2010 03:26 AM UTC

no not working...
i need tool-tip(of only x-axis value at that mouse position) only when i mouse hover on the bars only(i.e. on Series only).

regards,
prashanthi.

VK Vijayabharathi K Syncfusion Team September 22, 2010 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Prashanthi,

We are regret for the inconvenience caused.

By default, ChartSeries.Name will be displayed as a tooltip while mouse hover the histogram column. If your intention should be display the X-value tooltip for the Columns(bars) of Histogram Chart, currently we are not providing support for this.Only the Bubbles in Histogram chart having the X, Y values (Bubbles are DataPoints). So, the tooltip displays the correct X or Y value only for the Bubbles. If we removed the bubbles we can't expect the X or Y value tooltip. Columns in Histogram does not have X and Y value like Columns in Column Chart. So, we don't expect the X and Y value for the Columns in Histogram Chart.

To display custom text as tooltip user need to handle ChartControl_RegionMousehover event accordingly.

I have create simple sample to display the custom text(column index) tooltip to histogram columns. Please download it from the link below

HistogramToolTip1194195621.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon