We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Horizontal Merge Cell

Hi~

I use MS Word 2007 to add tables and set some cells to be merged horizontally and then save it. When I use DocIO component to open that .docx file, I can not find out the horizontal merge cell. Please see the attachment.

How can I know if the cell is a horizontal merge cell.

horizontal mergecell_d0c9a7b3.zip

5 Replies

RA Rajendran Syncfusion Team September 10, 2010 09:34 AM UTC

Hi Hanson,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Yes it is possible to know whether the cell is merged or not. We have prepared a sample to illustrate your requirement to find the merged cells present in the table. Please do find the sample from below location.

Sample link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=F96368-222883968.zip

Code snippet:
WTableCell cell = row.Cells[k];
//MergeCell check – Gridspan value specify the number of cells merged.
if (cell.GridSpan > 1)
MergeCellIndex += "Horizontal Merge: Row: " + cell.OwnerRow.GetRowIndex() + ", Cell: " + cell.GetCellIndex() + " Index";

Grid span value specifies the number of cells merged. If it’s greater than 1 then the cell is merged one.

Please try this and let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Rajendran

HL Hanson Liao September 20, 2010 06:30 AM UTC

Hi~

I can not find the method "GridSpan" in class "WTableCell".

--
Essential Studio Version: 7.3.0.20

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team September 21, 2010 08:22 AM UTC

Hi Hanson,

Thank you for your update.

In Essential studio 7.3.0.20 version, the "GridSpan" property is set private internally. It was made public in our later versions. Could you please upgrade to our latest version(8.3.0.21) and let us know if this helps.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

HL Hanson Liao September 28, 2010 05:03 AM UTC

Hi~

It's ok under office 2007 format but error in office 97-2003 (.doc).

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team September 29, 2010 09:25 AM UTC

Hi Hanson,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We were able to reproduce the mentioned issue. We suspect this could be a defect. We have forwarded this issue to our development team for further analysis.

Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take
the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and
we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon