We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Histogram chart series data display options

In histogram chart i want to display the total no of count on top of the bar but instead of that bubbles are coming(showing the number of series points),I Don't want to display Bubbles over the columns[you can refer the Screen Shot from the attachment].

How do i disable from showing that bubbles and enable count there?

Thanks,
Prashanthi.

SyncfusionHistogram_a126b871.rar

13 Replies

VK Vijayabharathi K Syncfusion Team September 9, 2010 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Prashanthi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

In default the Histogram chart display the total number of points count bubbles on top of the each bar. I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the display bubbles over the columns in histogram chart issue reported by you in screenshot. Could you please try reproducing the issue in the below sample and send us the modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution.

Histogram2146833129.zip

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi K

PR prashanthi September 13, 2010 02:31 AM UTC

Thank you for your response. I need to generate a Sync-fusion Histogram chart,the values for that histogram will be some times less than 50 values and most of the times the values will be in lacks(1 Lac or 2Lac or etc..),if i generate a chart with lacks(1 lac values) of values i am getting chart with lacks of bubbles over the bar,for this i want to disable the bubble count over the bar,i need only bars and the curve on the bar(Frequency Curve).
[you can refer the Screen Shot from the attachment].

How do i disable showing that bubbles and enable count(Total no of bubbles in numeric format like numbers) there?

Thanks,
Prashanthi.

SyncfusionHistogram Screens_53c91d89.rar

PR prashanthi September 13, 2010 10:53 AM UTC

I have reproduced the problem(with my values) of displaying bubbles over the columns in histogram chart issue in your sample code [you can refer the modified sample from the attachment],so can you give any solution for this issue "disabling the bubble count over the bar in histogram".

How do i disable showing that bubbles ?

Thanks,
Prashanthi.

2 Screens of Histogram_8750f8c3.rar

PR prashanthi September 14, 2010 03:23 AM UTC

Please find the modified sample of histogram application from the attachment.

regards,
prashanthi

Histogram_d1800469.rar

PR prashanthi September 14, 2010 03:25 AM UTC

Please find the other(with too many bubbles over the bar of histogram) modified sample of histogram application from the attachment.

regards,
prashanthi

Histogram_2fb15327.rar

JB Jaffersathick B Syncfusion Team September 15, 2010 08:35 AM UTC

Hi Prashanthi,

Thanks for the update.

Currently we are not providing direct way to disable the bubbles shown in the Histogram chart. However this can be achieved by customizing the histogram chart rendering.

I have also modified the sample which can be downloaded from the following link:

Histogram1715136640.zip

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Jaffer

PR prashanthi September 16, 2010 06:40 AM UTC

Thank you for your response and help,
the sample which you gave is helpful,
and if you introduce this feature(Disabling Bubbles Over The Bar) with out adding a class file which you gave will be very useful.

Thanks,
prashanthi

JB Jaffersathick B Syncfusion Team September 17, 2010 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Prashanthi,

We are glad to hear that the solution provided has helped.
Thanks for your Valuable feedback. We will consider your suggestion and forward it to our development team.

Let me know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Jaffer

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 21, 2011 06:08 PM UTC

Hi,
I would also like to remove the bubbles from the top of your histogram, and have used a workaround similar to the one posted here for a prior version of the Syncfusion toolkit.
I have noticed some odd behavior with the current workaround that was not present in the previous workaround. In particular, when a series is removed from the grid, either by code or by unchecking the checkbox in the legend, the scale on the y-Axis changes dramatically. This does not happen when the custom render is not used. Is this a bug in the workaround? See attached screenshots for more detail.
Please address this issue. I can see no reason as to why anyone would want the "bubbles" on top of the histogram. This should clearly be an option and defaulted to no bubbles.
We are currently evaluating your latest version of Syncfusion and would be willing to purchase the toolkit if this gets fixed.

Sync Hist Chart_1b6ea5e6.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 21, 2011 06:22 PM UTC

Also note that commenting out all the code in the MyHistogramChartRenderer still produces this behavior (i.e setting the series.Renderer property to an EMPTY MyHistogramChartRenderer class still messes up the y-Axis).

VK Vijayabharathi K Syncfusion Team September 22, 2011 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the update.

We suggest you to use “ShowDataPoints” property of HistogramItem to enable or disable the points on top of each bar. Please refer below code snippet to achieve this,

[C#]

this.chartControl1.Series[0].ConfigItems.HistogramItem.ShowDataPoints =false;

For your convenience, we have created sample and the same can be downloaded from the attached link.

Note: This property behavior to enable or disable the points on top of histogram bar available in latest versions. So, we suggest you to upgrade the Essential studio to the latest version (9.3.0.61) to effectively use our Syncfusion products.

Please refer the below link for download latest version.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi

HistogramChart_973e2be0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2011 02:06 PM UTC

Thanks Vijayabharathi,
That's exactly what I was looking for. One more question though... I had modified your renderer sample to do some customization of the normal distribution lines (changing color, thickness etc). Is there a way to do this outside the custom renderer or is that my only option?

Regards,
Sean

VK Vijayabharathi K Syncfusion Team September 23, 2011 07:23 AM UTC

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the update.

We have modified the custom histogram workaround sample which was updated on 9/15/2010 4:35:29 AM response. In this sample, we have updated the latest source in custom Histogram renderer class to avoid the range issue while use the legend checkbox to enable or disable the series. Please refer the attached sample for this.

Also, we can set style to normal distribution line by series style property without use of custom render but the same color also applied to series border. We are unable to set styles to normal distribution line alone in histogram chart. Kindly refer the below code snippet to achieve this,

[C#]
Histogram.Style.Border.Color = Color.Red;
Histogram.Style.Border.Width = 2;
for(int k=0;k {
//Use these codes to avoid above color setting apply to series points. So, we assign default color setting to series points
Histogram.Styles[k].Border.Color = Color.Black;
Histogram.Styles[k].Border.Width = 1;
}

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi

Histogram_ModifiedSample_5de0a5d3.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon