We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Shape Object in Header

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

96247 Aug 31,2010 01:42 PM Sep 1,2010 11:29 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: DocIO
Rolf Stocker
Asked On August 31, 2010 01:42 PM

I have a word doc with embedded Merge fields. I'm trying to inspect the doc to find the Merge fields. I'm ok with finding the fields in the body of the document based on API call doc.MailMerge.GetMergeFieldNames(). I'm also trying to find a Merge field in the header. The complicating factor is that the merge field is in a so-called ShapeObject, specifically a text box. So far, I've been unable to find how to inspect items in a EntityType of Shape. Any suggestions?

Gunasekaran T [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 1, 2010 07:51 AM

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Currently we do not have support for parsing Drawing tools (Shape Objects), hence we cannot retrieve merge fields present in Shape objects. As an alternative to shape object, please use ordinary textbox to hold merge fields.
We have created a sample application to illustrate on how to use textbox with merge field and retrieve all Merge Field names present in a template document.

Please do find the sample from the attachment and let us know if this helps you.

Regards
Gunasekaran

MailMerge_b8c9df5d.zip

Rolf Stocker
Replied On September 1, 2010 09:03 AM

Thank you, that helps and I can now "see" the Merge field.

Gunasekaran T [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 1, 2010 11:29 PM

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for your response.

Please get in touch with us, if you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Gunasekaran

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;