We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Make Column read only in EditMode

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

96076 Aug 19,2010 12:04 PM UTC Aug 20,2010 06:47 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: GridGroupingControl
Matthias Max
Asked On August 19, 2010 12:04 PM UTC

Hello, is this possible in the "in row" edit mode? To not turn a column into a textbox but instead keep a normal label where the user can't edit?

Thank you

Bharath M [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 19, 2010 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to set the "ReadOnly" property of ColumnDescriptor as "true", to achieve your requirement. Please refer the below code snippet to describe this.

[CS]

this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.FindByMappingName("ColumnName").ReadOnly = true;

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

Matthias Max
Replied On August 19, 2010 02:50 PM UTC

Thanks! worked perfect!

How do I define the type of control being used in Row Edit Mode (see my other post) ?

Bye

Bharath M [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 20, 2010 06:47 AM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the update.

We have provided several in-built cell types for user convenience, which can be set by the code below:

[CS]
//TextBox is default value for “String” data
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.FindByMappingName("ColumnName"). Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "TextBox";

The possible values for CellType is as follows

1. ComboBox – Need to Set “AnyRecordFieldCell.DataSource/ValueMember”
2. Image - ImageUrl could be specified using “AnyRecordFieldCell.ImageUrl”
3. MaskEdit - Mask could be modified by using “AnyRecordFieldCell.MaskEdit.Mask = “###"”
4. CheckBox - This automatically generated when Boolean values are bound to grid
5. NumericUpDown – For Integer DataType
6. MonthCalendar – For DateTime type

We also provide support to place your custom control on edit mode. To set your custom control for edit mode, please set your ITemplates to ‘Columns.FindByMappingName("ColumnName"). EditItemTemplate’.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;