We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PEVerify Errors After Implementing IMouseController

I''ve noticed that when I have a class that implements IMouseController, PEVerify returns seven errors. I''m using VS .NET 2003 (.NET 1.1) to create my assembly - here''s what the resulting code looks like. Public Class TestClass Implements IMyMouseController Public ReadOnly Property Cursor() As System.Windows.Forms.Cursor Implements IMyMouseController.Cursor Get End Get End Property Public Function HitTest(ByVal mouseEventArgs As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs, ByVal controller As IMyMouseController) As Integer Implements IMyMouseController.HitTest End Function Public Sub MouseDown(ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Implements IMyMouseController.MouseDown End Sub Public Sub MouseHover(ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Implements IMyMouseController.MouseHover End Sub Public Sub MouseHoverEnter() Implements IMyMouseController.MouseHoverEnter End Sub Public Sub MouseHoverLeave(ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Implements IMyMouseController.MouseHoverLeave End Sub Public Sub MouseMove(ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Implements IMyMouseController.MouseMove End Sub Public Sub MouseUp(ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Implements IMyMouseController.MouseUp End Sub Public ReadOnly Property Name() As String Implements IMyMouseController.Name Get End Get End Property Public Sub CancelMode() Implements IMyMouseController.CancelMode End Sub End Class Here are the errors that are returned from PEVerify: [MD](0x801312F4): Error: MethodImpl''s Decl and Body method signatures do not match. [token:0x0000000C] [MD](0x801312F4): Error: MethodImpl''s Decl and Body method signatures do not match. [token:0x0000000E] [MD](0x801312F4): Error: MethodImpl''s Decl and Body method signatures do not match. [token:0x0000000F] [MD](0x801312F4): Error: MethodImpl''s Decl and Body method signatures do not match. [token:0x00000010] [MD](0x801312F4): Error: MethodImpl''s Decl and Body method signatures do not match. [token:0x00000011] [MD](0x801312F4): Error: MethodImpl''s Decl and Body method signatures do not match. [token:0x00000012] [MD](0x801312F4): Error: MethodImpl''s Decl and Body method signatures do not match. [token:0x00000014] I''m not sure why this is happening. I looked in ILDasm at the corresponding method declaration and body tokens, and the method signatures seem to look the same. While this isn''t causing my application to fail, I find it a bit disconcerting that PEVerify doesn''t like this. Note that this doesn''t happen with all of the interfaces from Syncfusion.Shared.dll, but I also noticed that this happens for classes that implement IDynamicSplitterFrame. Is there any reason why this is happening? Regards, Jason

6 Replies

JB Jason Bock December 31, 2003 05:57 PM UTC

Oops! My previous post uses IMyMouseController. Ignore that ;). I was trying to see if the errors had anything to do with the interface definition, so I created my own interface. Just replace IMyMouseController with IMouseController and you''ll get the error.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 2, 2004 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Jason, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. Please refer to the MouseControllerDemo sample in the folder ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Shared\Samples\MouseControllerDemo. In this sample BothBarsController.cs, HorizontalBarController.cs, and VerticalBarController.cs classes use the IMouseController interface and I did not encounter any of the above errors when I tested for this issue (in v2.0.1.0) using peverify here. Try this sample and let me know if you continue to experience this problem. Also let me know the version of Essential Suite that your using. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JB Jason Bock January 5, 2004 12:50 PM UTC

Guru, I noticed that you''re using C# for your example (at least you mentioned .cs files, so I''m assuming you tested using C#). Did you try doing this in VB .NET? It may be an issue with the compilers - i.e. csc.exe doesn''t manifest the problem, but vbc.exe does. We''re currently using 1.6.1.0 of Syncfusion.Shared.DLL. Regards, Jason >Hi Jason, > >Thanks for your feedback on this issue. Please refer to the MouseControllerDemo sample in the folder ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Shared\Samples\MouseControllerDemo. In this sample BothBarsController.cs, HorizontalBarController.cs, and VerticalBarController.cs classes use the IMouseController interface and I did not encounter any of the above errors when I tested for this issue (in v2.0.1.0) using peverify here. Try this sample and let me know if you continue to experience this problem. Also let me know the version of Essential Suite that your using. Thanks for your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2004 09:14 PM UTC

Hi Jason, Thanks for the update. I could see the above errors when I tested the MouseControllerDemo sample in VB.NET with PEverify. I have notified the development team regarding this problem and will keep you informed on this. I would appreciate if you could open an incident in Direct Trac in this regard so that I could update you there from now on. I will also update with download instructions for our latest 1.6 release - v1.6.1.8 in Direct Trac. Thanks for your cooperation, and we appreciate your feedback very much. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JB Jason Bock January 7, 2004 01:31 PM UTC

Guru, Cool! I''m glad you''re able to reproduce it. I''ll log a Direct Trac incident ASAP. Regards, Jason >Hi Jason, > >Thanks for the update. I could see the above errors when I tested the MouseControllerDemo sample in VB.NET with PEverify. I have notified the development team regarding this problem and will keep you informed on this. I would appreciate if you could open an incident in Direct Trac in this regard so that I could update you there from now on. I will also update with download instructions for our latest 1.6 release - v1.6.1.8 in Direct Trac. Thanks for your cooperation, and we appreciate your feedback very much. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2004 02:31 PM UTC

Hi Jason, Thanks for the update. I will respond to your incident on Direct Trac. We request you to address all your concerns through Direct Trac in future, since it is the best and the fastest way to receive technical support. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon