We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Visual Indication for Combo Box Cells

Is it possible to have a visual indication of drop down for all the ComboBox cell Types. Now it looks all plain just like normal cells. It will be useful to show a visual indication(just like in excel) so that the users know that it is a ComboBox cell.

Thanks,

4 Replies

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team August 6, 2010 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Tigger,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have prepared a CustomGridComboBoxCellRendereclass to achieve your requirement. Please download the sample from the following location:

Sample Link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=Timesheet_3fecf0fe.zip&team=development

C# code for add new cell type to GridControl:

fpTimesheet.Model.CellModels.Remove("ComboBox")
fpTimesheet.Model.CellModels.Add("ComboBox", New CustomGridCellComboBoxCellModel())

Let us know if you face any other issues.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

TT Tigger Tag August 17, 2010 06:59 PM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for the custom combo box cell renderer, The renderer shows combo visual indication on the grid, but when I select an item from the drop down list, the value is not selected, the selected value is always blank. I am attaching my project in which I picked a Cell[1,1] to be a combo box with custom items source.

Thanks,

ComboBoxBug_e526d05c.zip

TT Tigger Tag August 25, 2010 06:56 PM UTC

Hi,
Could you check my earlier sample and check my problem where the renderer shows combo visual indication on the grid, but when I select an item from the drop down list, the value is not selected, the selected value is always blank.

Thanks,

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team September 2, 2010 10:16 AM UTC

Hi Tigger,

Sorry for the delay reply.

There is an issue in this item selection display in the grid from the combobox list. To solve this issue could you please post an incident regarding this to our Direct Trac.

We will update you through that incident.

Thank you for your patients.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon