We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Importing Excel 2010 file fails

Hi,

I'm trying to use XlsIO v6.302.0.6 to open an Excel 2010 file as follows:

IApplication application = new ExcelEngine().Excel;
IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(filename, ExcelOpenType.Automatic);

This works for Excel 2007 files, but fails with the following error for 2010:

System.NotImplementedException: extLst
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlReaders.Excel2007Parser.ParseStyles(XmlReader reader, Stream& streamDxfs)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.FileDataHolder.ParseWorkbook()
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.FileDataHolder.ParseDocument()
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.ParseExcel2007Stream(Stream stream)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, Stream stream, ExcelParseOptions options, ExcelVersion version)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, Stream stream, ExcelVersion version)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.ApplicationImpl.CreateWorkbook(Object parent, Stream stream, ExcelVersion version)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbooksCollection.Open(Stream stream, ExcelVersion version)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbooksCollection.DetectFileFromStream(Stream stream)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbooksCollection.Open(Stream stream, ExcelOpenType openType)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbooksCollection.Open(String fileName, ExcelOpenType openType)

I assume "extLst" is a new element type, introduced in 2010.

Is there any way I can work around this error?

Thanks.

---
Richard

12 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 3, 2010 05:58 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Excel 2010 files cannot be opened in v6.3.0.6. But this issue has been fixed in the later versions. Could you please consider upgrading to the latest version?

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Currently there is no possible workaround available to open such files in v6.3.0.6 Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

RI Richard August 3, 2010 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Geetha,

Is it possible to use the latest version of XlsIO when exporting v6.302.0.6 of the grids found in Essential Grid for WinForms suite?

I would like to avoid upgrading the grids, as we had a number of problems upgrading in the past.

Thanks for the help.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 5, 2010 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

It is not possible to refer different versions of Syncfusion assemblies in a single application.

Regards,
Geetha

RI Richard August 5, 2010 12:41 PM UTC

Thanks again, Geetha.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 6, 2010 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the update.

Regards,
Geetha

BI Bijal September 28, 2012 02:29 PM UTC

Hi,

I am using XlsIo v10.103.0.44. I am trying to open Excel 2010 (.xlsx) file containing more than 65K rows and 6 sheets.

when I try to open using;

//Step 1 : Instantiate the spreadsheet creation engine.

ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();

//Step 2 : Instantiate the excel application object.

IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

IWorkbook workbook = null;

workbook = application.Workbooks.Open("myExcelFile.xlsx", ExcelOpenType.Automatic);

//other code....

It throws Overflow exception at 'Workbooks.Open' as; "Value was either too large or too small for an Int32."

Kindly suggest to resolve the issue.

Can I not use XlsIO v10.1 for opening Excel 2010 (.xlsx) file?

Thanks in advance.

-Bijal

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team October 1, 2012 05:11 AM UTC

Hi Bijal,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Could you please send us a sample Excel(.xlsx) document which  reproduces the above reported exception with XlsIO so that we are able to proceed further and we will provide a solution at the earliest for the same.

Please let me know if you require any further clarifications.

Regards,
Sridhar.S

BI Bijal October 26, 2012 07:02 AM UTC

Thanks Sridhar.

Attaching my excel template file (.xlsx), I am trying to open using syncfusion version 10.103.0.44.

any sample code, which is opening attached .xlsx file using C#.NET would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

-Bijal

mytemplate_3_64406bab.zip

BI Bijal October 29, 2012 05:50 AM UTC

Can some one respond to the query I've posted/

unable to open .xlsx file using syncfusion v10.103. attached xlsx template for reference.

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team October 29, 2012 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Bijal,

Thank you so much for the update.

We are able to reproduce the exception “stack over flow exception while opening the excel file” with XlsIO. Please open a new direct-trac incident with a simple issue reproducing excel file  and stack trace of an error for further follow up on this issue.

Direct-Trac Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

BI Bijal October 30, 2012 09:57 AM UTC

Could you kindly share sample code top open same .xlsx file thru C#.Net ?

Does Syncfusion v10.103 not supporting to work with .xlsx file?

Thanks

-Bijal

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team November 22, 2012 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Bijal,

Please get the following code for opening the above reported excel file.

ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();
 IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Open((string)textBox1.Tag, ExcelOpenType.Automatic);

We could see the issue with 10.3.0.43 version. We have already posted this query in the incident 100509 for further follow-up on this issue. Please updaet and follow-up the incident 100509 for further more updates.

Let me know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon