We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using Skins in Custom Controls

Is there any guidance available on how to create custom controls that take advantage of Syncfusion Skins?

For example, I have an application that is skinned as "Syncfusion Blend". That works great for built in controls. However, if I create a custom control I end up having to hard-code an approximation of the skin's look and feel.

I would like to create my custom controls so that they take look and behave like built-in skinned controls.

4 Replies

RM Ramalakshmi M Syncfusion Team August 3, 2010 01:13 PM UTC

Hi John Taylor,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Currently we don't provide the skinsupport for customcontrols.We have provided the skins support only for microsoftcontrols and syncfusion controls.

Let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Ramalakshmi M.

JT John Taylor August 5, 2010 06:49 PM UTC

Then how about a way of determining the hex values you're using in your skins? Right now I have to do a lot of trial and error just to approximate the correct colors to match your skins. It would save me a lot of time if I could just look up these values directly.

MM Michael Matela August 6, 2010 06:51 AM UTC

You could use the tool at http://blois.us/Rooler/ to capture hex values, for example.

JT John Taylor August 12, 2010 02:33 PM UTC

I do use a "color picker" tool, but they have limitations. It would be much better if we could simply lookup the Brush settings for the skin.

Syncfusion:

Can this be done?

Custom controls are a big part of WPF, and creating a UI without using them really limits what you can do. Ideally, there would be a way to incorporate the SF Skins into our custom controls. Since that's not possible, we should at least be able to access the skin resources to lookup the values. Why the big secret? Have we not paid for this?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon