We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drop Down Box

Is there a way to connect a drop down box to a cube hierarchy?

What I want to have is a drop down box where a user can select a particular member of a hierarchy and then be able to update the grid slice on that particular member.

eg. there is a Company Heierarchy with CompanyNumber and BillNumber. I need to be able to scroll through all the CompanyNumbers and BillNumbers for each company and then select one. (much like the report filter field in an excel pivot-table)

3 Replies

DM Dwaragesh M.B. Syncfusion Team July 29, 2010 05:24 AM UTC

Hi Ryan,

Well, its possible to populate the Dropdown box with the Level members using GetLevelByUniqueName method of CurrentCubeSchema in OlapDataManager. This method expects the UniqueName of required Level. For your reference, we have created a sample in which a Dropdown box is populated with the Product Members and then the Grid will be sliced based on the selected Product. Please download the sample here,

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=OlapGridSlicer426095063.zip

Place the sample in the installed location of Syncfusion Essential Studio Samples which is usually installed in,

Windows XP: C:\Syncfusion\BI\WPF\OlapGrid.WPF\Samples
Windows 7/Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\8.3.0.21\BI\WPF\OlapGrid.WPF\Samples

Please feel free to contact us for further reference.

Thanks
Dwaragesh M.B.

RS Ryan Schroeder July 29, 2010 03:49 PM UTC

That takes care of the first part, but my filter dimension is a hierarcy.

for mine I need all the BILLNO members for a specific CMPYNO in either the same drop down box(with +/- buttons) or a new one.
[CMPY].[CMPYBLISTNO].[CMPYNO].[BILLNO]

The problem I have is that I need to see the specific BILLNOs for each company, not just all BILLNOs at once.

So something like this in the Adventure Works world would probably be equivalent:
[Product Category].[Product].[Bike].[Parts]

Where each bike would have some of the same parts and some different parts

DM Dwaragesh M.B. Syncfusion Team July 30, 2010 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Ryan,

Please try the below sample and let us know if you still have any issues.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=OlapGridSlicer861574816.zip

Thanks
Dwaragesh M.B.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon