We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ctrl + Shift behavior in MultiColumnTreeView

I'm seeing an odd behavior that I'd like to try to suppress. When pressing the ctrl and the Shift at the same time on a MultiColumnTreeView (8.2.0.18), it selects some node in the treeview even though I have pressed any other keys or clicked with the mouse.

Is there anyway to intercept this "ctrl and shift" key press and tell the treeview to ignore it?

Please note that I still need the Ctrl to behave as it does and the Shift to behave as it does, just not the two pressed at the same time.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

1 Reply

LE Lokanath E Syncfusion Team July 26, 2010 01:59 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are unable to reproduce the behavior with the MultiColumnTreeView, We have attached a sample at the following link that we used to test the behavior. However you can suppress the keystrokes in Keydown event as shown in the following code.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=MultiColumnTreeView697913602.zip

private void multiColumnTreeView1_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Control && e.Shift)
{
e.SuppressKeyPress = true;
}
}

Could you please reproduce the issue in the sample and send it back to us.So that we can provide a better solution.

Regards,
Lokanath.E

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon