We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Odd Shift Selection behavior with MultiColumnTreeView

Hello,

I'm using Syncfusion Tools (8.2.0.18) with C# and Windows Forms. I'm trying to use a treeview control (MultiColumnTreeView) to display a far amount of nodes within a parent node.

The number of nodes under a parent has more nodes than can be displayed on the screen (so a scrollbar is displayed).

When I select a node on the current screen, holding down the shift, click the scrollbar (because I want to select through items on the next displayed screen) and then click on a node (while still holding down the shift). Only the node I click on "appears" to be selected, but in reality when I scroll back to the previous nodes, you see that a different list of nodes is now selected above???

I believe I know what the problem is, but I'm not sure how to address it. It looks like the selection logic is not taking into account that a scroll has occurred and that I'm actually on the next "page" of nodes. So, what appears to happen is it starts from the first node on first page to the initial node I selected (plus only the one I have on the second scrolled page).

Again, I'm not sure how to make this behave correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

3 Replies

RD Ramya D Syncfusion Team July 27, 2010 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are unable to reproduce the mentioned behavior in MultiColumnTreeView control. I have attached a sample at the following link that I used to test the issue. Please reproduce the issue in the sample so that we can provide a better solution.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=TreenodeSelection-327448023.zip

Please let us know if you have concerns on this.

Regards
Ramya D.

TY tyacko September 30, 2010 03:08 PM UTC

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you with this. I've updated the project you provided with our scenario. You will see that it uses an image list in the tree view (not sure if that might be where the code is tripping up). I've also included a screenshot.rtf file so you can see what I'm seeing.

In the first screenshot, I select a member of the first node, the next screenshot shows that I've clicked the scrollbar while holding down the shift key (which in this case takes me to the end of the list). I actually want to select the remaining items from the first node from my original clicked selection.

To explain, I want to select "data for Id: 17" through "data for Id: 9" because I've held the shift down and selected "data for Id: 17" and (while still holding down the shift) found "data for Id: 9" and clicked it.

In the final screenshot you will see that it did not select those items between the subnodes at all.

Please let me know if you need any other information to fix this odd behavior.

Thanks,
Tom

TreenodeSelection-327448023_ee7bb596.zip

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team November 3, 2010 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Tyacko,

Thanks for the update.

We could able to reproduce the mentioned issue. We request you to post an incident in our Direct-Trac regarding this issue. We will update you with the solution through that incident.

[Direct-Trac Link]

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon