We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Keep getting memory exception from VS2008

Hi, I'm using a lot of syncfusion controls in my project, but when the project is growing, I'm getting more and more memory exceptions from VS2008, especially after when I'm trying to compile my project after modifying control's layout.

The problem is gone if I re-launch the VS, but will return some time later.

I dont think I really run out of my memory, so can you give me some help?

Please see attachment for screen shots

sf_638441bc.zip

3 Replies

VS Velusamy Subramaniam Syncfusion Team July 22, 2010 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Youfei,

Thanks for using our Syncfusion products.

There is apparently a hard limit of memory per process in windows of 2 GB. And between everything else that was going on in visual studio and our compression process, we were just barely crossing this threshold. The following resolution solved our problem by increasing the limit to 3 GB.

1) Backup the boot.ini file. Then, put the /3GB switch in your boot.ini For more information on the /3GB option,

2) please check the following article: Memory Support and Windows Operating Systems: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/PAEmem.mspx

3) Make DEVENV large address aware.

4) Open up a VS 2008 command prompt

5) Change directory to the Microsoft Visual Studio 9\Common7\IDE directory.

6) Backup devenv.exe file.

7) Type and execute the following command line: "editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE devenv.exe"

8) Reboot Windows and Build your project.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Velusamy

YC Youfei Chen July 23, 2010 03:08 PM UTC

It works great so far, Thanks!!

VS Velusamy Subramaniam Syncfusion Team July 26, 2010 05:10 AM UTC

Hi Youfei,

Thanks for the update and we are glad that your issue is resolved.

Please get back to us if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Velusamy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon