We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF Form Filling

I am trying to fill out a PDF form using the PDFLoadedDocument object. When I run the code, it all works great, but the pdf document I originally open (to fill out) can no longer be accessed because it says it is in use - as long as my code is running. Once I shut down the code (program), I can access the original pdf.

So it seems that I am not propertly disposing of the object. I am doing loadedDoc.close and loadedDoc.Dispose, but that doesn't seem to release the original PDF. Do you know how I can accomplish this?

Also, when I do a form fill, it flattens the pdf document, such that I can no longer edit the pdf form fields if I open it in Adobe Reader. I have loadedDoc.Form.Flatten = False, but it still flattens it. Any ideas?

I am using Adobe Reader 9.3.3.
Visual Studio 2005, Windows XP.
Syncfusion ver 7.202.0.37

Thanks,
Adam

1 Reply

AG Angappan G Syncfusion Team July 19, 2010 09:57 AM UTC

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your interest in Essential Studio.

We can completely dispose the objects used by the PdfLoadedDocument class by using the "PdfLoadedDocument.Close(bool completely)" method. The "Close()" dispose only the common objects. Please refer the sample for more details.

Sample Link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=955161515601067.zip

Flatten Issue:
We are unable to reproduce the issue on our side, could you please provide us the template document in which you are facing the issue.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Angappan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon