We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Resize diagram to fit control?

I have a user control that contains an editable diagram where the user can do what they need to do from a fullscreen view.

I want to add a separate control to my application that "previews" this diagram to the user, and displays it as a smaller version of the diagram (and not editable, of course).

How do I get the diagram to resize itself to fit its allowed height/width? What I'm seeing instead is a diagram with scrollbars...I don't want scrollbars, I want it to do a uniformfill or something equivalent.

Thanks for any help,
Tam

5 Replies

DV Deepa V Syncfusion Team July 7, 2010 05:17 AM UTC

Hi Tam,

Thank you for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Currently, Diagram control does not support fit to container feature or UniformFill support. We will analyze this feature and get back to you once implemented.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Deepa V

JF John Fairbanks February 15, 2011 10:31 PM UTC

This really needs to be implemented... I'm really surprised it's missing. It seems every time I pick up a new Syncfusion control something very basic simply isn't there.

MA Maria Amal Raj T Syncfusion Team February 24, 2011 12:02 PM UTC

Hi,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have planned to implement the requested features in our upcoming releases. We have created new incidents, #77613 for Preview window (Overview Control)for DiagramControl and #77605
to Resize diagram to fit control, so that we can have a better follow up on the requested features and we will have the details updated under the respective id’s.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Maria Amal Raj T,
Diagram WPF&Silverlight Team,
Syncfusion-Chennai.

SR Saba Rahimi March 8, 2011 09:29 AM UTC

Hi

I have just downloaded Essential Studio 9.1.0.20.

I am using a Diagram control and can't seem to find the fit to control command.

My diagram is in a silverlight child window which is in a layout panel.

MA Maria Amal Raj T Syncfusion Team March 15, 2011 04:02 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Syncfusion Products.

We have confirmed the problem which you have mentioned in your last update to be a feature and it will be implemented in our upcoming release. If you interested in getting a patch for this issue, then you may create a Direct-Trac incident under the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Maria Amal Raj T,
Diagram WPF & Silverlight Team,
[Syncfusion].

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon