We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Custom Colors

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

94981 Jun 15,2010 11:02 AM Jun 16,2010 11:32 PM Silverlight 3
Tags: XlsIO
Willis Logwood
Asked On June 15, 2010 11:02 AM

I tried to do a custom RGB color by using the CellStyle.Color property, and noticed that it didn't work. When I looked to see if the Silverlight version supported custom colors I noticed it said "Indexed". I'm not sure what this means but if it's possible, can I have an example of how I can do custom colors?

Thank you.

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 16, 2010 05:59 AM

Hi Willis,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Excel 2003 file format allows only 64 colors available in Excel Palette. All those colors are available via CellStyle.ColorIndex property. However, if you want to write any custom color, they will be indexed, that is, it will be converted to nearest color available in Excel Palette. If you want to use RGB color, you can go for Excel 2007 format. I have placed a sample in the following link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Silverlight/F94981/F94981.zip

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Willis Logwood
Replied On June 16, 2010 10:37 AM

Thank you, I changed the format to Excel 2007 and everything works.

Thanks again.

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 16, 2010 11:32 PM

Hi Willis,

Thank you for the update.

Regards,
Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;