We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Inserting images

I have image data coming from a web service as Byte[]. How do I insert this image into the excel document? I tried converting the image into a System.Drawing.Image object and used "sheet.Pictures.AddPicture(1,1,img,50,50,ExcelImageFormat.Png)" but this threw the following exception;

"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "Syncfusion.XlsIO.TexturePatternGradient.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Syncfusion.XlsIO.Silverlight" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed."

How can I get this to work?

5 Replies

LR Lokesh R Syncfusion Team June 15, 2010 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Willis,

Thank you very much for interest on Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that i could not able to reproduce the issue at my side. I have created a simple sample which receives the image in byte array from a web service and add that picture to the worksheet and it is tested with the 8.2.0.18(Syncfusion Silverlight assemblies).please try the sample from the below link and let me know if this helps you.

Sample link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Web/94958.zip

Please, let me know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Lokesh

WL Willis Logwood June 15, 2010 03:11 PM UTC

Thanks for the quick reply, however, I'm still getting that same error message when I use your sample project with my Syncfusion assemblies. My previous post gave the inner exception message but here is the overall initial message;

"The type initializer for 'Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Shapes.ShapeFillImpl' threw an exception."

I am using version 8.204.0.18. Could there be something wrong with my assembly?

LR Lokesh R Syncfusion Team June 16, 2010 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Willis,

Thank you very much for the update.

We could able to see the reported issue at our side and for your information this issue has been recently fixed in our code base. Could you please navigate to the below link to open a new ticket in a direct trac for further follow up on this issue.

Direct trac link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx

Please, let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Lokesh

WL Willis Logwood June 16, 2010 07:31 PM UTC

Lokesh,

This is the version I downloaded the first time. I re-downloaded it and uninstalled then re-installed but I have the same issue. I downloaded version 8.2.0.18 from your Direct-Trac site. Can you verify that this is the correct installation file that I am to use?

Thank you.

LR Lokesh R Syncfusion Team June 17, 2010 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Willis,

Thank you very much for the update.

The version(8.2.0.18) which you have downloaded from the direct-trac site is the right one. However, some of the issues are fixed after the official release of the 8.2.0.18 version and it will not be merged to the setup. For you information , the reported issue is fixed internally and it is not merged with the 8.2.0.18 release because of that you may get the same issue. So we request you to open a new ticket in direct-trac for further follow up regarding this issue.

Please, let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Lokesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon