We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Serialized xml file getting bigger and bigger (version 7.2)

I have a mainFrameBarManager with AutoPersistCustomization = true and AutoLoadToolBarPositions = true, and AppStateSerializer with SerializeMode.XMLFile. My serialized xml file get bigger and bigger when the application exits, but I can not figure out what is wrong. I try remove most of of my runtime BarItems, but it does not help at all.

3 Replies

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team June 18, 2010 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I can’t reproduce the issue. Since we use AppStateSerializer with SerializeMode.XMLFile and persist it for saving the Bar state and while loading we use LoadBarState() method to restore the Customized settings, so there is no need to use the property AutoPersistCustomization = true and AutoLoadToolBarPositions = true. Please refer the sample attached below where the xml file is stored in bin->Debug folder.

Here is the sample for your reference.
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=MainFrameManager_Menustate-204131882.zip

Please Let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
Arulraj.A

HN Henry Nguyen July 2, 2010 10:25 PM UTC

The sample is not worked with singleton AppStateSerializer and AutoPersistCustomization = false (look at the attached project). If I set AutoPersistCustomization = true then the state is saved, but some bar items being added and removed at run time are saved in the xml file too. These run time bar items (with changed ids) will make the xml file getting bigger and bigger.

MainFrameManager_Menustate_2ae47b4a.zip

VS Vallarasu S Syncfusion Team July 6, 2010 03:37 PM UTC

Hi Hendry,

Thanks for the update.

The file size does not rely only on the items added to the MainFrameBarManager, Once an Item gets removed from the BarManager all of its references are removed immediately, so this won’t cause any issues.

The file size greatly depends on the actions that are performed with the BarItems because the actions are recorded and maintained for internal implementations, say for example ‘Recently used Items’. And these actions will be removed once you start the application again and closing it without doing any actions with the BarItems.

Please let us know if you have any concerns on this.

Regards
Vallarasu S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon