We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem supporting solution built with 4.402

Hi, we have had this problem for a few days now. We have a legacy project that was built with 4.402. I have 5.202 on my machine. At first i was getting a license error as the solution had been checked in with licenses.licx. Therefore i removed the license.licx file, removed all reference nodes to 4.402 and re-added references to 5.202 instead.

However, no matter what i do - full, rebuild etc i still receieve "Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base, Version=4.402.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." whilst attempting to run in debug mode.

I have searched all locations tirelessly and cant find any remaining reference at all to 4.402, i have even Run assembly manager to remove all versions of syncfusion and reinstalling. Still no luck.

I also tried running license enabler on the project and it reported this error in the log:

Error: Project schema is newer. Please update this program

Any help greatly appreciated as i am at a loss.
Thanks

1 Reply

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team June 2, 2010 02:28 PM UTC

Hi Lee,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Seems your application was built with 4.402.0.51 instead of 5.202.x.x.

Could you please ensure the following before rebuild your application.
1. Make sure that GAC does not contains different version of Syncfusion assemblies.
2. Make sure that project referenced directory does not contains different version of syncfusion assemblies.
3. Ensure that your project refered correct version of Syncfusion assembly in Visual studio.
4. Before going to rebuild your application please delete bin and obj folders.
5. Rebuild your application. This will resolve your reported problem.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon