We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataBoundGrid designer problems

Hello, I''m using the visual designer for the GridDataBoundGrid to add new columns to the grid at design time using Visual Studio .NET. I''m now having a problem when I try and add new columns through the designer where my cpu usage rockets to 100% and VS.NET locksup completely forcing me to terminate the process altogether (and, of course, lose the modifications I was trying to make). Does anyone have a fix for this issue? Thanks, -Paul

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2003 10:15 AM UTC

Additional information: - Visual Studio .NET 2003 - Visual Basic .NET project

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2003 02:22 PM UTC

We don''t have a fix for this currently. But if you get a lock up, you might try opening a second instance of DevStu, and just load some project. Then close this second instance. A lot of times, this will ''unlock'' the first instance of DevStu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2003 04:44 PM UTC

No kidding. Would you say this a VS.NET issue or a Syncfusion editor issue?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2003 04:50 PM UTC

The actual lockup occurs down in a FrameWork call which is why we do not have a solution yet. One user reported just cleaning his system and re-installing .NET 1.1 made the problem go away for him. This confirms what we have seen in house - that the problem only occurs on particular 1.1 systems, not all systems. So, it is not clear whether this is a 1.1 problem, or something we are doing to cause the problem. What we would like to do is to come up with some way to uniformly avoid the problem, but have not been able to do so yet.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon