We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Office2007 Custom Theme

I am attempting to create a custom theme for my menus and toolbars. I am currently using the "Custom Office 2007 Colors" demo that is supplied with your samples.

I have a new questions regarding styling:
1.) How can I set the menu text color? The Office2007Colors object offers no property to set the text color of a menu.

2.) How can I set the menu background color? There is a MenuBackground property, but it appears to have no affect. I can set the "Column Color" of menus, but this looks weird. I would like the menu to be entirely one color.

3.) There appears to be a bug regarding the BarItemPressFlashColor and the BarItemSelectFlashColor. These properties work correctly for regular BarItems, but the BarItemSelectFlashColor is being shown on DropDown menu items and drop down bar items when it should be displaying the BarItemPressFlashColor.

4.) There appear to be a lot of strange border artifacts that show up when changing the colors. Some regular BarItems have a border on the left and right sides, but I do not want them to.

Is there a reliable way to style EVERY element for these menus and toolbars? The supplied themes do not fit my needs.

1 Reply

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team May 26, 2010 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1 & 2. Please try using MenuColors class in your application to change the BackColor and TextColor for Menus.

MenuColors.SelColor = Color.FromArgb(179, 71, 59);
MenuColors.SelTextColor = Color.White;
MenuColors.SelBorderColor = Color.FromArgb(183, 214, 242);
MenuColors.MenuBGColor = Color.White;
MenuColors.MenuLeftStripColor = Color.White;
MenuColors.DropDownBorderColor = Color.FromArgb(166, 205, 226);
MenuColors.PressedSelColor = Color.FromArgb(166, 201, 232);
MenuColors.CheckedSelColor = Color.FromArgb(215, 236, 255);
MenuColors.FloatingCommandBarCaptionColor = Color.FromArgb(183, 214, 242);

3. By default, The regular bar items have pressed state with this, but in dropdown menuitems don’t have pressed state for this so BarItemSelectFlashColor shown in DropDown Items.

4. Could you please provide more information about the strange border behavior in BarItems.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon