We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Upgrading from version 4.4 to 6.4.015 or 8.2.0.18

Hi,

We are currently using Syncufsion version 4.4 (exact dll file version is 4.401.0.54), and are facing a compatibility issue with Windows 2008. Syncfusion dlls in Windows 2008 environment runtime, throw "misisng iprop.dll" error, i.e. unable to automatically pick up the dll from the syswow64 in Windows 2008, instead of system32 folder.

From the release notes, we see that fix for this bug has been introduced in 6.4.0.15. (Bug. # 11375).
We tried to download the evaluation version of 6.4.0.15, but were unable to install, because the evaluation unlock key could not be retrieved for this version (the setup points to www.syncfusion.com/pdc ; - a broken link). The evaluation key is available only for the latest version 8.2.0.18

We installed the evaluation version of 8.2.0.18 using the evaluation key from the website.

The functionality which we currently use in version 4.4 is:

a) Use Syncfusion.XlsIO to create "xls" files from Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet XML (note: this should not be confused with OOXML), with complex styles, Form Controls, chart images etc.
b) Manipulating fonts/ border styling on Syncfusion.XlsIO.XlsWorkbook object, created from Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet XML, and saving the object as a "DLS"
c) Load PDFLogicDocument from the DLS, manipulating its sections, and saving it as a "pdf" file

... using the namespaces within Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base, Syncfusion.Core, Syncfusion.DLS.Base, Syncfusion.Pdf.Base, Syncfusion.Compression.Base .

Our expectation with version 8.2/6.4 is to preserve this functionality, with the same code, (not compromising on quality of the output XLS/PDF document) and also work on x64 platform like Windows 2008 without throwing the iprop.dll error.

In 8.2 the classes like PDFLogicDocument etc. which we use in 4.4 have been moved to a Legacy dll.
Though the code compiles after adding the Legacy Dll, the output PDFs after Excel->DLS->PDF conversion, is compromised when it comes to using fonts like MS PGothic, SimSun etc. (Japanese/Chinese characters show up as junk characters despite changing the font to MS PGothic, MS PMincho or SimSun in the XlsWorkbook before conversion to DLS->PDF).

We are unable to see how our existing code works with version 6.4, in which the "Missing iprop.dll" fix was just introduced.
Since this version earlier than 8.2, and closer to 4.4, can we expect the namespaces we use to be same and Spreadhseet XML->Excel->DLS->PDF functionality unaffected?
Please let us know if we can test the above scenario in version 6.4

-Regards

3 Replies

LR Lokesh R Syncfusion Team May 24, 2010 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Lisa,

Thank you very much for using Syncfusion products.

In our latest release(8.2.0.18),We have added a new feature "ExcelToPdfConverter" which converts the Excel sheet to Pdf directly, instead of Excel-DLS-Pdf and for your information the DLS to Pdf conversion is not supported in our latest version. I have attached an online sample link and also the online documentation link for the Excel to Pdf conversion. Please try the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Note: The 8.2.0.18 version works on X64 bit machines.

Sample link:
http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/8.2.0.18/Web/XlsIO.Web/samples/3.5/Product%20Showcase/ExceltoPDF/CS/ExceltoPDF.aspx?args=0

Online documentation link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_82/Reporting_XlsIO/ImportExportDataTable.html

Please, let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Lokesh.

LM Lisa McCabe May 26, 2010 07:43 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I tried the sample. If the content of Excel file is in English, the output seems ok.
But when I use fonts like Japanese, Chinese etc., the output is corrupted, i.e. all the japanese/chinese characters appear as "?".

The ExcelToPDfConverter class does not have settings for changing font. PdfDocument class also has no Fonts collection which I can modify?

Can such complex Excel files be converted to PDF using ExcelToPDfConverter?

-Regards

LR Lokesh R Syncfusion Team June 1, 2010 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Lisa,

We are sorry for the delay caused in getting back to you. Currently we are analyzing the possibility of implementing the conversion such complex excel sheets to pdf. we will get back to you with more details in four business days(i.e.,7th June 2010).

Please, let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Lokesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon