We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Nested tables

Hi,

We use syncfusion 7.3.0.22. Can suggest me which grid control to use based on my requirment.

1. We have our data in an object. Data set is from a table which can be associagted with the grid.
2. One of the fields of the data set is an id which is forien key for another table which can have mulitple row for one entry of the parent table.

I need a set of two grid. Parent grid should show data from the object. There should be another child grid which shows data using primary-forein key relation based on which row in the parent grid has the focus.

Please note that we will not be able to use higher version of syncfusion at this moment due to firm policy.

Appreciate you help.

5 Replies

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team May 19, 2010 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to use grid's "CurrentRecordContextChange" event to achieve your requirement. In CurrentRecordContextChange event of masterGrid, filter the detailsGrid with current record's value.

For sample, please refer the below link:
http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.3.0.20/Web/Grid.Grouping.Web/Samples/3.5/PopulateData/MasterDetail/cs/masterdetail.aspx

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath

VS Vaibhav Sanghavi May 20, 2010 04:39 AM UTC

Thanks.

Link you provided for sample is not working. Could you please paste ( or attach ) it here.

Also Syncfusion has wide variety of grids. Which grid control do you suggest to use for our requirement. Please note that we need editable grid where end user can modifiy cell values which can get flushed to underlying dataset automatically.

Thanks again.

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team May 20, 2010 06:29 PM UTC

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for update.

We tested the link provided it is working fine. Could you please verify the link again. Please set the "GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowEdit='true'", to enable editing in grid.

Regards,
Bharath

DE Dave English May 21, 2010 03:56 PM UTC

Your testing of the link must be inadequate, it fails for me too:

Server Error in '/ASPNET/7.3.0.20/Web/grid.grouping.web/samples/3.5' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team May 25, 2010 03:56 AM UTC

Hi Vaibhav,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We are still able to visit link without any errors which was provided earlier. Could you please try the samples link as follows:

http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.3.0.20/Web/Grid.Grouping.Web/Samples/3.5/

and then click on Essential Grid tree view menu(which is placed at left side of samples site) as follows
“Populate Data” -> “Master-Detail View Demo” .

Regards,
Bharath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon