We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Row / Column selection

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

94455 May 13,2010 03:22 PM May 18,2010 12:59 AM Silverlight 1
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On May 13, 2010 03:22 PM

I don't understand how the row/column selection is working. If I have two header rows, it seems to only properly select multiple columns if I use the first header row.

For example, if I fill my grid as below, and I mouse down on "Row0 Col3" and drag to "Row0 Col4", it selects both column 3 and 4. If I then ctrl click on "Row0 Col6", it selects column 6 in addition to 3 and 4.

If, on the other hand, I mouse down on "Row1 Col3" (which is still a fixed header cell) and drag to "Row1 Col4", only column 3 is selected. If I then ctrl click on "Row1 Col6", it deselects column 3, and only column 6 is selected.

The HeaderColumns have the same problem, although there I can make two row selections, but then the third one resets the selection.

I don't understand why the first and second header rows or header columns are treated differently. A click on any header should be the same, in my opinion.

Grid init code:

this.sfGrid.AllowDragColumns = false;
this.sfGrid.Model.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridCellActivateAction.DblClickOnCell;
this.sfGrid.Model.RowCount = 100;
this.sfGrid.Model.ColumnCount = 20;
this.sfGrid.Model.HeaderColumns = 2;
this.sfGrid.Model.HeaderRows = 2;
this.sfGrid.Model.FrozenColumns = 2;
this.sfGrid.Model.FrozenRows = 2;
this.sfGrid.Model.Options.AllowSelection = Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridSelectionFlags.Row | Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridSelectionFlags.Column | Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridSelectionFlags.Cell | Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridSelectionFlags.Multiple;

for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++)
{

for (int j = 0; j < 20; j++)
{

this.sfGrid.Model[i, j].CellValue = string.Format("Row{0} Col{1}", i, j);

}

}

Varun P [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 18, 2010 12:59 AM

Hi Jaimie,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Could you please create a Direct-trac incident with the forum title ? We had an issue in this. We will follow this up in the incident

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Varun

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;