We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Grouping Control - Cell Type Combobox

Hi,
I am tryinng to support in-cell editing on the gridgrouping control in my application.
I have set one of columns to have a cell type as "ComboBox", have attached a data source and have set the DisplayMember and value member as well.

At runtime when I select the value in the drop-down, it doesn't display the selected value on the grid cell the first time. I select it again and it works fine.

On further investigation, I am now handling the TableControlCurrentCellDropDown event and I obtained the renderer as below -
GridComboBoxCellRenderer ren = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer as GridComboBoxCellRenderer;

I now see that for the first time the ren.ControlText is empty although there is a value in the ren.ListBoxPart.SelectedItem.
Subsequently the ControlText is populated correctly.

Any idea why the ControlText is empty the first time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Deepa.

5 Replies

DE Deepa May 12, 2010 09:54 PM UTC

Can someone please take a look and respond at the earliest?

DE Deepa May 13, 2010 12:25 PM UTC

Can someone please update??

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 14, 2010 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Deepa,

Thank you for posting query to us.

I have prepared a simple sample to test the issue. But I am afraid I was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please modify the following samplemto reproduce the issue here?

Regards,
Jisha

GC_c778e5c6.zip

JH Jignesh H. Sodvadiya May 14, 2010 12:41 PM UTC

Dear Sir,

I have Problem in Grouping Grid Control how to Get Values From Particular Cell Value
ThaNKS
Please Reply,

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team May 21, 2010 02:30 PM UTC

Hi Jignesh,

Through the StyleInfo properties: Text and CellValue, the respective cell values can be accessed in GridGroupingControl.

Console.WriteLine(this.gridGroupingControl.TableModel[5,3].Text);
Console.WriteLine(this.gridGroupingControl.TableModel[5,3].CellValue.ToString());

Regards,
Arulraj.A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon