We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Regarding StackingColumn chart

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

94379 May 10,2010 07:25 PM UTC May 11,2010 11:16 AM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: Chart
PhilippeNadeau
Asked On May 10, 2010 07:25 PM UTC

Hi,

When I use a Stacking column chart, the control is really slow with lots of series(50+). I am trying to show about 50000 points, which is not a huge amount. If I have 100 series or more, it's simply unbearable.

Is there a way to make it faster ?

Thanks

Phil

Jaffersathick B [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 11, 2010 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Phil,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to use the following properties to improve the chart performance.

(i) ChartSeries.EnableStyles: Point Symbols and Point Text will not be visible if set to false.

(ii) ChartSeries.Style.DisplayShadow: This is set to true by default. Turning it off means, your lines will not have shadows (and hence will be rendered faster).

(iii) ChartControl.ImprovePerformance = true;- Improve the performance of the chart control.

(iv) ChartControl.Indexed : Setting Indexed to false speeds up the Chart. This is not a choice for making the Chart faster. If you don''t need a Indexed/Positional Chart, you must set this property to false.

(v) ChartControl.CalcRegions: This property controls Tooltips and AutoHighliting. If this value is set to false, these features will not work.

Please refer the documentation from the following link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_82/WindowsFormsUI_Chart/ImprovingPerformance.html

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Jaffer.B

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;