We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Ribbonbar tabs

I have added a RibbonBar to my project and I would like to have the RibbonTabs each have their own views. Essentially I would like RibbonTab1 to bring up a docking manager, lets say 3 panes and then selecting RibbonTab2 will bring up a different viewing layout where I will just have perhaps some other controls displayed. Is there built in functionality for this that I am just missing or is it somethign I am going to have to write? Thanks for any info!

Dan

4 Replies

MK Mayavel K Syncfusion Team May 8, 2010 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Dan,

Currently we don't have support for built in functionality for

this.However I have attached the sample in attachment that will

explain how to add the RibbonTabs each have their own views.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Mayavel.

ribbonTest_ae4e1bbe.zip

DK Dan Krotov May 10, 2010 02:15 PM UTC

Thanks so much for the reply! Greatly appreciate the help. That was exactly what I wanted to do.

DK Dan Krotov May 10, 2010 06:33 PM UTC

I have another question with which you may be able to help. In using the technique shown in the zip file, the views do not change during design time. I am going to be working on this with other developers, where each will be working on their own tab and own view design scheme. Is there any way for the view to change in the XAML design view window when selecting the different tabs? Essentially if the middle tab is selected, I would like the layout for the view to show for just that specific tab config. IF you have any ideas I'd greatly appreciate anything. Thanks!

Dan

MK Mayavel K Syncfusion Team May 12, 2010 02:19 PM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

We are sorry to say that the design support for different views in Ribbon tab is currently not possible. Because RibbonTab view controls are out of ribbon control that are not depends on each.
However we consider this feature and will add it in our queue and try to implement this. Considering other important features in our Ribbon control, we could not provide high priority to implement this feature in our near release.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Thanks,
Mayavel K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon