We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to select a row in gridControl

I use gridControl to display some data,and i set ListBoxSelectionMode=One.when I click one row,it will select that row. now I want to select a row after I load data,and some rows can't select ,that is select these row ,it always select the first row . how to do this?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 17, 2003 07:06 AM UTC

One way to do this would be to use grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo to position the current cell where you want it. With ListBoxMode set to One, this should also select the row. (If you are doing this initially before the grid has been displayed, you may also need to set grid.ForceCurrentCellMoveTo = true to make the moveto ''take'').

KI Kis December 17, 2003 11:04 PM UTC

thanks Clay Burch but when I click the No. 9 row and I want it can Focus in the NO. 5 row,it can't work. how to set this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2003 05:41 AM UTC

Try handling the CurrentCellActivating event and setting the e.RowIndex there.
private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellActivating(object sender, GridCurrentCellActivatingEventArgs e)
{
	if(e.RowIndex == 9)
		e.RowIndex = 5;
}

KI Kis December 18, 2003 10:14 PM UTC

yes ,I do by this ways too,it can work when I use the key down and up ,but when I click on the No. 9 row the focus is still in the No. 9 row. why ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2003 10:24 PM UTC

Try this.
private void gridControl1_CurrentCellActivating(object sender, GridCurrentCellActivatingEventArgs e)
{
	if(e.RowIndex == 9)
	{
		e.RowIndex = 5;
		if(Control.MouseButtons == MouseButtons.Left)
		{
			this.gridControl1.Selections.Clear();
			this.gridControl1.Selections.Add(GridRangeInfo.Row(5));
		}
	}
}

KI Kis December 21, 2003 10:37 PM UTC

it can work well,thanks again .

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon