We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Checkbox - Link To Cell

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

94141 Apr 24,2010 10:23 AM May 17,2010 06:10 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: XlsIO
Adrian Gingell
Asked On April 24, 2010 10:23 AM

Hi

Could you tell me if it's possible to link a checkbox to a cell as per Excel's Format Control Cell Link property?

I'd like to be able to detect a change in a checkbox status and use it in conditional formatting without having to rely on macros. As an example, when a checkbox is checked I'd like to set font strikethrough.

Thanks

Adrian

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 29, 2010 12:47 AM

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Currently Essential XlsIO does not support LinkedCell property for checkboxes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Adrian Gingell
Replied On April 30, 2010 04:28 AM

Hi Geetha

Is this something you propose to implement in the near future? I can't really see the purpose of the checkbox without it other than to make a spreadsheet look good and you can't really claim to fully support the control.

I notice that the combobox does support the feature and wonder why that would be different.

Adrian

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 17, 2010 06:10 AM

Hi Adrian,

I regret for the long delay in responding.

We have logged a feature request to implement LinkedCell for CheckBox and will get back to you once it is implemented.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;