We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

High Dock Manager Memory Usage?

We would like to use the Dock Manager control in a number of projects at my company, but we noticed that the memory consumption of a WPF application using the control seems very high.

For example, when directly executing the .exe produced from a release build of the DockingDemo_2008 sample project (Essential Tools v8.2.0.28), the application consumes a whopping 155MB on my machine.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit OS with 8GB of RAM. The DockingDemo_2008 image I'm running is 32-bit.

Is this normal? If so, is there anything we can do to decrease the memory footprint of this control?

5 Replies

JA Jawahar Syncfusion Team April 26, 2010 03:01 PM UTC

Hi Bryan,

Currently all our Tools WPF controls are loaded along with the Skin Resource dictionaries, since we incorporated the Skin Libraries within the same assembly. We are going to have a seperate assembly for Skin libraries in our Volume 4 release to reduce this memory consumption.

Let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Jawahar

TL Tim Lloyd August 13, 2010 08:22 AM UTC

How does the work regarding the skin manager carried out in volume 3 relate to this post?

Has this work already been fully\partially carried out in volume 3, or is there more to come for volume 4?

RM Ramalakshmi M Syncfusion Team August 13, 2010 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Bryan,

We revamped the skinmanger in Tools.WPF in volume3.Previously if you run DockingDemo_2008 in 8.2.0.18 build it will consume nearly 155MB.We are glad to say that due to revamping the skinmanager memory consumption is reduced to half approximately it consumes 74MB .

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Ramalakshmi M.

TL Tim Lloyd August 13, 2010 12:18 PM UTC

Just to make things clear:

1. Is the work you were intending to do been completed in Volume 3?
2. Is there more work in this area scheduled for Volume 4?

Thanks, Tim.

RM Ramalakshmi M Syncfusion Team August 16, 2010 04:04 AM UTC

Hi Bryan,

1.Revamping the skinmanager in Tools.WPF to reduce the memory consumption has been completed in volume 3 itself.

2.No more work is sheduled in this area for volume 4.

Plese let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Ramalakshmi M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon