We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Shows extra calendar entries in fullweek and month views from tomorrow

Hello!

We utilize your schedulecontrol in our application but recently we've encountered a strange problem which we do not had previously. The problem occured after changing the version of Syncfusion from 7.1.0.21 to 8.1.0.30.

For our schedule we use fixed time slots for every workday. (First: 10:00-12:00, Second: 13:00-15:00, Third: 15:00-17:00, Fourth: 17:00-18:00 (originally 18:10, but since the time unit is 30 minutes we round it to 18:00)

As you can see in the day and workweek view pictures they're displayed correctly. But if you see the full week and the month view than there is an extra time slot added to each day. (Label: "Nincs ütemezett feladat:17:00")

I did some investigation and it seems that in full week and month view it shows the next day's first activity in this extra slot.
(So for example at 2010.03.30 it shows the activity at 2010.03.31 10:00-12:00 and displays it as "Nincs ütemezett feladat:17:00"
You can see the red bars in the appropriate views)

This kind of error was not in the previous version of Syncfusion. Can you check it and tell me how to avoid this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Views_9c1640b6.zip

3 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team April 21, 2010 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Marton,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I have created a simple sample with some appointments in working days in a week. It has been attached in the following link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/8.1.0.30/F94068.zip

In this sample, i couldn't see such inconsistencies in reported views. Could you please reproduce the issue in this sample and provide us? It would be fine for us to see the issue and sort out the cause for it.

Regards,
Rajadurai

MS Marton Sindely April 29, 2010 11:22 PM UTC

Hello!

As you've requested I've altered your simple sample to show exception. I'm adding it as an attachment for this forum post.

The root cause of this problem is putting a line break character ("") in the subject field of ScheduleAppointment object.

I've mainly modified the LoadBinary function like the following:

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.AssemblyResolve += new ResolveEventHandler(Syncfusion.ScheduleWindowsAssembly.AssemblyResolver);
BinaryFormatter b = new BinaryFormatter();
b.AssemblyFormat = FormatterAssemblyStyle.Simple;
object obj = b.Deserialize(s);
t.MasterList = obj as SimpleScheduleAppointmentList;

foreach (SimpleScheduleAppointment item in t.MasterList) {
item.Subject = "Test line break: " + item.Subject;
}

It you comment out inside of the foreach then everything works nice. But if you leave it, you'll see the exception given in full week format.

I hope it helps.

F94068_709d1a9a.ZIP

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 6, 2010 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Marton,

You could solve the issue by explitly setting the MonthCalendarStartDayOfWeek and WeekCalendarStartDayOfWeek properties.

this.scheduleControl.Appearance.MonthCalendarStartDayOfWeek = DayOfWeek.Sunday;
this.scheduleControl.Appearance.WeekCalendarStartDayOfWeek = DayOfWeek.Sunday;

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon