We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Integer/Double Textbox Broken Binding

Hi,

I'm using the latest Syncfusion WPF IntegerTextbox and DoubleTextbox controls and have encountered a problem with the binding to the 'Value' property on them.

It all works fine unless MinValue is set, in my case in XAML with either a hard-coded value or a data bound one, to be greater than zero or MaxValue is set to be less then zero (not at the same time obviously - MinValue is always less than MaxValue). In both of these cases the 'Value' binding then breaks - if 'Value' is changed it never updates the source and if the source is changed it gets as far as the Converter but never to the Integer/Double Textbox.

Has anyone encountered this, or anything similar, before? The WPF binding diagnostics report everything is fine. The only way I've found that fixes it is to build the Syncfusion Integer/Double Textbox myself and remove the 'MinValue' and 'MaxValue' Dependency Properties and instead just have the 'MinValue' and 'MaxValue' properties get/set on a normal member of the object. Of course you then can't use binding on the Min and Max values.

Thanks

4 Replies

AT Adam Thacker April 19, 2010 10:13 AM UTC

Further investigation seems to indicate that this issue only occurs when the Textbox is part of a Data Template.

I've attached a Project that reproduces this issue.

Wpf_Syncfusion_Binding_Issue_84ef01ce.zip

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team April 22, 2010 03:40 PM UTC

Hi Adam,

We are able to reproduce the issue which you have mentioned here. We have logged the bug report on this. We will provide the fix within three weeks time.

Could you please create an incident on this through our Direct-Trac system for further follow up?.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

DA David Astor September 9, 2010 05:29 PM UTC

Was this issue ever fixed? i am experiencing the exact same behavior. I have updated my Essential Tools to the latest version, but still can not bind when a "MinValue" is set.

RM Ramalakshmi M Syncfusion Team September 10, 2010 06:51 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We are not able to reproduce the issue. When MinValue is set binding works fine.

Please check the sample attached and let us if we are following the steps correctly. If not, could you please modify the sample and send it to us or provide us with more information , so that we can analyze more on this and provide the fix at the earliest.

Please let us know if you have any queries

Regards,
Ramalakshmi.

BindingSample_2a9e7700.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon