We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Questions about the BI Grid compared to your other Grids

Hello,

I have a bunch of questions about the BI Grid.

1) Does it have all the functions and excel capabilities as the Syncfusion WPF Grid? (Excel like capabilities, etc...)

2) I am looking at the Report Builder demo app in the BI WPF Sample Browser. I am wondering if the Winform Grid has a way to do similar things as that demo shows? Can your regular WPF Grid allow the user to build reports like in the demo as well?

3) Does it have any graphical problems if you use this BI Grid in a Winform app? I know some WPF controls do some funky graphical things when they are on a Winform app.

5 Replies

DM David Mecteaux April 15, 2010 03:15 PM UTC

Ohh also is the source code for that report builder available?

TH Thameem Syncfusion Team April 20, 2010 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products,

Here are the answers for your queries.

Excel capabilities:
No, BI Grid is tightly binded to OlapDataManager and it can be used to display only pivot table or OLAP Cube data.

Windows forms grid(Report Builder demo):
Yes, winform grid can be used to do similar things. We have a winform sample installed here with our setup.
… \Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\8.2.0.18\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\Product Showcase\Pivot Grid Demo

Can your regular WPF Grid allow the user to build reports like in the demo as well?
Yes, these reports are built on top WPF Grid and named as BI grid.

Does it have any graphical problems if you use this BI Grid in a Winform app?
I believe there shouldn’t be any problem.

Thanks,
Thameem

TH Thameem Syncfusion Team April 20, 2010 04:28 AM UTC

We do not ship the Report Builder source with our install, but on request we will provide the source(please open direct track incident for this request).

We have control similar to Report Builder called OlapClient and same source we ship it with our install. To check out the functionality please refer the samples installed in following location.
…\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\8.2.0.18\BI\WPF\OlapClient.WPF\Samples

Thanks,
Thameem

DM David Mecteaux April 29, 2010 09:04 PM UTC

Hi thanks for the responses.
I have one other question...

Does the grid support master / detail relations?

DM Dwaragesh M.B. Syncfusion Team May 3, 2010 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Our OlapGrid doesn't support master-detail relation. But our Grid.WPF does. You can refer the Hierarchy demo sample of Grid.WPF for more detail's.

Thanks
Dwaragesh M.B.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon