We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

migration failed

I am migrating from 4.2 to 8.2, and i t seems I fixed all the problems on the code to compile correctly, but when I run the applicaton a loto of errors come up, why is this, for example the first error I saw, it is very stange it says,

Cannot convert an object from of type Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo to Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo

as you see there is no much help on that description and a I donto knwo where is happening.

thanks for any help
pm

5 Replies

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team April 14, 2010 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Paco,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion products.

Could you check whether the assemblies referred in the properties window have the same assembly referrence and all the assemblies refer to same framework? Remove all the syncfusion assemblies from GAC and reinstall it. Delete the bin and obj folder and compile your application. Please let us know if you still see this error.

Thanks,
Rajasekar

AD Alain dEspaignet May 21, 2015 04:28 AM UTC

Hi,

I am getting something similar. Not on a migration but on a fresh clean install of WinForms 13.1.0.21.

I have a VS 2013 WinForms solution I have been working on for a while. Suddenly the VS Designer crashes when I open it on a form. I could not resolve the issue so I have to restart from scratch.
So I thought well if I am to start again I might as well use Syncfusion.
I got not far in my restart: A metro form, a splash screen, a docking manager with one user control.
Suddenly designer crash again!

Message 4 Object of type 'Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo' cannot be converted to type 'Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo'.  0 0 
Message 5 Object of type 'Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo' cannot be converted to type 'Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo'.  0 0 

Double click leads to here...

this.dockingManagerSLALab.InActiveCaptionBackground = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(((int)(((byte)(209)))), ((int)(((byte)(211)))), ((int)(((byte)(212))))));

I ignore it and the designer opens but that's pretty shaky.

I compared settings on the docking manager in the VS sample to mine and they are the same so what is going on?

And when I try to attach a png screen shot of my error window to this thread I get please choose valid file to upload!

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 25, 2015 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Paco,

Thank you for your update,

We would like to let you know that the reported issue will occur only when the application refers to the older version of assemblies even after upgrading to a higher version.

Please try the below steps to get the reported issue resolved and let us know if this helps you,

1) Open 13.1.0.21 Dashboard.

2) Run the AssemblyManager with 'RemoveAllversion' option. If you find any Syncfusion assemblies in GAC, Please remove all the Syncfusion assemblies manually.

3) Install the {required version} assemblies. For example, if your Target Framework is 4.5.1, then please remove 4.5, 4.0, 3.5 and 2.0 Syncfusion assemblies from GAC and Assemblies folder and vice versa.

4) Please check only required framework assemblies are in GAC (c:\windows\assembly) and also in Assemblies folder (C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.2.0.36 \Assemblies\4.5.1)

5) Open the 13.1.0.21 dashboard.

6) Run the Multi Target Framework targeting to 4.5.1.

7) Click OK once operation completed successfully.

Please remove the older version dlls from your application which is found in ‘ReportLib’ project folder. This should cause the error on handling the form in designer mode. Also please ensure the older assembly does not get reflected anywhere in the project.

Please use the below steps for upgraded projects.

1) Remove Bin and Obj folder from Project path

2) Open the Visual studio IDE and open a project

3) Rebuild your project.

4) Please check once again the project refers the Syncfusion assemblies of version 13.1.0.21.

For more information, please refer the below help link.

Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/documents/assemblymanager.htm

Could you please check with the above solution and let us know whether the provided solution helps? If not Could you please share us the details regarding this ErrorMessage 1,2 and 3. It will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you a prompt solution.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Regards,

Senthil

AD Alain dEspaignet May 25, 2015 03:19 PM UTC

Senthil,

Interesting, this is an application that was not using syncfusion before. I started adding syncfusion controls from scratch.

However I notice that I have Essentials 11, 12 and 13 all installed on my dev machine.

I am uninstalling all but 13 as per your hint to see how things go.

Thanks for the tip off on the versioning aspect and the related tooling.

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 27, 2015 04:18 AM UTC

Hi Paco,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Senthil

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon