We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Link inside PDFs not working

Hi,

I''m using Esential PDF for converting a HTML file to a PDF one. If in HTML body I have a link like link, in the PDF instead of link I have just the text displayed with the link style (underlined etc).

Could you tell me what need to be done in that case to have it working properly?

Thank you.

5 Replies

AG Angappan G Syncfusion Team March 30, 2010 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Irina,

Thank you for using Essential Pdf.

We can make the links work in the resulting Pdf by using EnableHyperlinks property of the HtmlConverter class. Please refer the sample for more details. If you are able to reproduce this issue again, please provide us the HTML document, which reproduces the same. This will help us in further investigating this issue.

Sample Link:
http://files.syncfusion.com/samples/PDF.Windows/Htmltopdfsampledemo.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Angappan.

FW Felix Wolf April 7, 2010 07:55 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I must say that I'm using 6.303.0.6 version and there is no EnableHyperlinks property for HtmlConverter.

There is any way to have links working with this version or should I update to a new one?

Best regards,
Irina Butu.

AG Angappan G Syncfusion Team April 7, 2010 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Irina,

Yes. Enable Hyperlink property is not available in the version 6.3.0.6 . Kindly upgrade to our latest version (8.1.0.30), to avail this feature.Please do find the latest version from below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Angappan.

AL Alex October 7, 2020 04:30 PM UTC

Even with  WebKitConverterSettings settings = new WebKitConverterSettings() { EnableHyperLink = true, ... 

Links are not working for me. 

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team October 8, 2020 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

WebKit HTML converter provides support for preserving URL links from HTML to PDF conversion. We can make the links work in the resulting Pdf by enabling the EnableHyperlinks property in our converter settings. We have created a sample to convert URL to PDF with enabling hyperlink support, it generates a PDF document properly. We were unable to reproduce the issue and we have shared the sample for your reference. Kindly please run the sample in your end and let us know the result. 

Please refer the below links for more information, 

If still you are facing the same issue, kindly provide more details such as complete input HTML file/URL (with all resources styles, scripts, etc.,), complete code snippet, modified sample, product version to check the issue in our end. So, that it will be helpful for us to analyze and assist you further on this.   

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon