We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding to an ilist and formatting primary axis

I am using a iList of objects containing(among other data) the following data

MeasureName - string
WeekStartDate - DateTime
Data - Decimal

I've setup the report as
olapReport.CurrentCubeName = "Testing";
olapReport.CategoricalElements.Add(new Item { ItemName = "MeasureName" });
olapReport.SeriesElements.Add(new Item { ItemName = "WeekStartDate" });
SummaryElements summaries = new SummaryElements();
summaries.Add(new SummaryInfo { Column = "Data", Key = "Data", Type = SummaryType.Sum });
olapReport.SeriesElements.Add(new Item { ElementValue = summaries });

The problems I am getting are mostly with formatting. On the primary Axis I see the WeekStartDate across the bottom, but it is in full date format. How do I change it to short date? I've tried olapChart1.PrimaryAxis.LabelDateTimeFormat="d", but this doesn't work. Also, how do I get the intervals to work. I can find no documentation on this, in fact I'm dissapointed with documentation on the whole for this product. It's quite anemic. How do I rotate the angle on the primary axis? I've tried LabelRotateAngle, but that doesn't work. In fact the only formatting on the axis that I have been able to do is setting the brush for the foreground/background.

1 Reply

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team March 29, 2010 11:25 AM UTC

Hi David,

Customizing Primary Axis:

The customization of Label Formatting, Intervals and Rotate Angle are available only in our Secondary Axis(since it is a ChartCartesianAxis). But the Primary Axis is a new Char taxis and it does not support these customizations. Please open a new Direct trac incident, We will implement these features in Primary Axis and update you the service pack.

Improving Documentation:

We regret for the poor documentation. We have taken a note of all the points that you have mentioned here and will certainly try to improve the documentation for our upcoming versions.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon