We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Rich text editor cell type and displaying text in Column

Is there a way to display the text edited in a rich text editor control back in the column once it is saved? I have a "Note:" field that I want people to be able to edit in a rich text editor, but when they save the data I want all of the text to show in a column. Is that possible. Currently with the cell type "RichText" if the Note starts with a carriage return then even with text in the control that pops in the correct place, nothing is showing in my column control. Should I just leave the Cell Type alone until the cell is clicked, and then change to the RichText editor, and then post saving the editor return the cell type to a differing type? Some direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team March 16, 2010 04:10 PM UTC

If you look at the richtext cell sample that is part of our sample browser, when text is edited and then the save button clicked, the changed text appears in the grid cell. You can find this sample at (depending upon where you installed the samples during setup):

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\syncfusion\EssentialStudio\8.1.0.30\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\Cell Types\Rich Text Cell Demo

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2010 08:52 PM UTC

Thanks Clay your answer here and about Covered cells to increase me note size has fixed my problem. What I would like to do is have the editor pop no matter where they click in the covered cell section, not just on the far right button location, but my guess is that I will have to code that one myself. Thanks for all your help.

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team March 18, 2010 08:02 AM UTC

You are welcome.

As far as dropping the editor no matter where you click in the cell, you would have to do this yourself. One way you could try it, is to handle the grid.CellClick event and then drop the editor in that handler if you are clicking on a richtext cell.

void gridControl1_CellClick(object sender, GridCellClickEventArgs e)
{
if (gridControl1[e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex].CellType == "RichText")
{
gridControl1.CurrentCell.ShowDropDown();
}
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon