We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Rich text editor control and displaying text in Columns

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

93459 Mar 15,2010 06:41 PM Mar 22,2010 04:43 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: GridGroupingControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On March 15, 2010 06:41 PM

Is there a way to display the text edited in a rich text editor control back in the column once it is saved? I have a "Note:" field that I want people to be able to edit in a rich text editor, but when they save the data I want all of the text to show in a column. Is that possible. Currently with the cell type "RichText" if the Note starts with a carriage return then even with text in the control that pops in the correct place, nothing is showing in my column control. Should I just leave the Cell Type alone until the cell is clicked, and then change to the RichText editor, and then post saving the editor return the cell type to a differing type? Some direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 22, 2010 04:43 AM

Hi George,

The RichText cell control in the library allows you to edit richtext via a dropdown panel. It does not allow you to edit the text in-place.

You can derive the GridRichTextBoxCellModel and GridRichTextBoxCellRenderer classes to use an embedded RichTextBox in the cell to do the active editing.

See the following forum for more details.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-windows/32438/Rich-Text

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;