We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Updating the grid instantaneously while scrolling?

How to make scroll bars work in such a way that the grid would be updated while user does the scrolling? Currently it updates only once when user releases the mouse button.

Thanks!
Andrew

4 Replies

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team March 11, 2010 06:42 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

The virtual grid can be used to draw the cell when the user get the cell to visible, or any event that repaints the portion that gets visible. This is done by adding the data's from the data source through QueryCellInfo, which will be fired for each element in the grid only when it is painted, so to place data's in the cells while scrolling you can use the virtual grid which will be more effective. Please refer the sample from our sample browser in the following location:
{Installed location}:\Syncfusion\{version number}\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\Virtual Grid

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2010 11:12 PM UTC

Well, we already have a highly customized GridDataBoundGrid so converting it to a virtual grid is out of question. Anyway, that solution seems to be too heavy and invasive for such a trivial task, shouldn't it be an options like GridControlBase.VScrollBarBehavior { UpdateOnMouseMove | UpdateOnMouseUp } ? All modern grids have that kind of functionality, perhaps I just didn't find the needed property?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2010 11:16 PM UTC

Just to clarify, all I want is for the grid to show the corresponding records while user moves the scrollbar (not when he releases the mouse button). The kind of behavior you'll find in Excel, Firefox or any other decent app that has scroll bars.

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team March 23, 2010 02:22 AM UTC

Hi,

The VScrollBar and HScrollBar objects has a property called SupportsThumbTrack, which has to be set to true to have the GridDataBoundGrid to be updated when the scroll thumb track is moved.

Please refer the sample code below:
gridDataBoundGrid1.VScrollBar.SupportsThumbTrack = true;
gridDataBoundGrid1.HScrollBar.SupportsThumbTrack = true;

And also I have attached a sample in the below location that showcases the behavior:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=ScrollGDBG530126401.zip

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon