We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Different nested tables per row in GGC or GDBG

I want to have a grid where each row may have a child table which may also be of different structures. So for example:

Table has Rows A,B,C,D. Row A has a child table A' and Row C has a child table C'. A' has different properties than C'. B and D do not have a child table.

Most of the samples that I have seen regarding Hierarchy all use DataSets. I am not using DataSets and it is not an option. So hopefully there is a way.

It seems that you need to use some combination of NestedTable, ChildTable, etc, but I cant seem to get that to work.

I believe that I should be using the GGC for this. Although if this was possible in the GDBG that would be good too because we are already using that grid extensively.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team March 9, 2010 06:11 AM UTC

Hi Rocco,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

You could refer the following sample from the sample browser to achieve the desired behavior.

C:\Syncfusion\8.1.0.30\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\Data Bound\GDBG Drop Grid Demo

This sample displays hierarchical data using nested drop grids. To specify a relationship between a parent table and a child table, you must pass an event handler for the event QueryFilterString. Your event should specify the FilterString that defines the relationship between the parent table and the child table.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon