We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SplitContainerAdv drawing issue

I am using the "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SplitContainerAdv" control. In the second panel of the SplitContainerAdv control I am adding a "System.Windows.Forms.Panel" control. When I attempt to display this, it appears that these control go into an endless repaint as evident by the messages I trapped using windows spy. In addition, the form never displays and the CPU is at high utilization. This only happens when I add a "System.Windows.Forms.Panel". If I used another control (e.g. Systems.Windows.Forms.DataGridView) all is well. The strange thing is that this worked with version 6 of Syncfusion but no longer works with version 7 or 8. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Following is the relevant code that was auto generated:

private Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SplitContainerAdv split;
private Windows.Forms.Panel panel;
split = new SplitContainerAdv();
panel = new System.Windows.Forms.Panel();
split.SuspendLayout();
panel.SuspendLayout();
split.Dock = System.Windows.Forms.DockStyle.Fill;
split.FixedPanel = Enums.FixedPanel.Panel1;
split.IsSplitterFixed = true;
split.Location = new Point(0,0);
split.Orientation = Orientation.Vertical;
split.Panel2.Controls.Add(panel);
split.Size = new Size(500,500);
split.SplitterDistance = 235;
split.TabIndex = 0;
panel.Dock = DockStyle.None;
panel.Location = new Point(448,0);
panel.Size = new Size(52,206);
panel.TabIndex = 1;
split.ResumeLayout(false);
panel.ResumeLayout(false);

10 Replies

MW Michael Weber March 6, 2010 09:46 PM UTC

Nothing? I can't be in uncharted water or am I?

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team March 8, 2010 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for using syncfusion product.

We checked in 7.4 and 8.1 version. But the issue is not reproducible. I added panel to the splitcontaineradv but there is no endless repaint issue as mentioned by you. And i used property values as in the code snippet but the issue is not reproduced. I have attached the sample using which i checked. Can you provide us some more information to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
Rajasekar

SplitContainerAdv_bc308c1a.zip

MW Michael Weber March 9, 2010 06:38 PM UTC

Thanks for looking into that. We are also adding the UserControl (that contains the Syncfusion control) to the controls associated with a panel of a Windows.Forms.SplitContainer controls.

SplitContainer.Panel2.Controls.Add(...);

MW Michael Weber March 9, 2010 08:18 PM UTC

Thanks for all the help. I've already spent too much time on this. The problem seems limited to the panel type of controls, any other type of control an there isn't any problems. I'm going to try a rewrite to take Syncfusion out of the equation. I am not, however, 100% convinced that Syncfusion is the problem.

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team March 10, 2010 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

I have added usercontrol and the panel to the Panel2 control of splitcontaineradv. But the repainting issue is not reproduced and the cpu usage is normal. I have attached the sample i have used to reproduce it. Can you modify this sample to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
Rajasekar

SplitContainerAdv_805c2277.zip

MW Michael Weber March 16, 2010 12:20 AM UTC

Again, thanks for all the help. Another piece of information that might help is that the same time we upgraded to syncfusion 8 we also upgraded to VS2008.

MW Michael Weber March 16, 2010 12:51 AM UTC

The attached code appears to exhibit the problem. Run within VS and note the CPU utilization.

SplitContainerAdv_withProblem_7f809881.zip

MW Michael Weber March 16, 2010 03:15 PM UTC

Don't bother running the app I attached, I'm not seeing the problem today.

MW Michael Weber March 16, 2010 04:24 PM UTC

Problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I replaced the Syncfusion SplitContainerAdv with the Microsoft SplitContainer and it works perfectly.

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team March 18, 2010 09:42 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update.

We have checked using the sample you sent but the issue is not reproducible in SplitContainerAdv.

Thanks,
Rajasekar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon