We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

ProcessCmdKey in DateTimePickerAdv

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

93192 Mar 2,2010 10:08 PM UTC Mar 3,2010 01:17 PM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On March 2, 2010 10:08 PM UTC

When users tab into a DateTimePickerAdv and then use the arrow keys to change the date, the focus moves from the DateTimePickerAdv to the next control adjacent.

We can only see this behaviour with DateTimePickerAdv controls that are, themselves, part of another user control. A DateTimePickerAdv control by itself on a form doesn't seem to have this problem.

The DateTimePickerAdv.ProcessCmdKey method return false until we do something like drop down the calendar and reset focus, then using the keyboard works again.
Maybe some kind of control/focus problem? Any ideas?

I'm unable to reproduce this by creating a sample project but I'll keep trying.

Nirmal Raja [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 3, 2010 01:17 PM UTC

Hi,

The issue you mentioned is unable to reproduce in our end, the processcmdkey is for the internal purpose of the dropdown calendar, so the text area works fine in our end over the DateTimePickerAdv. I have attached a sample with the UserControl on which we tried, please try to reproduce the issue in the sample or send us a minimal sample if possible, which shows the issue.
The sample is attached in the below location:
http://help.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/F93192/DateTimeKeyIssue.zip

Also please let us know the version of Essential Studio you use in your application, this will help us to check the issue in that version.

Regards,
Nirmal

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;