We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

ExcelRW Formula Import

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

9307 Dec 12,2003 01:35 PM Apr 28,2004 08:34 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: XlsIO
Milen Kovatchev
Asked On December 12, 2003 01:35 PM

Do you plan to implement reading the results of formulas on a sheet when opening Excel Workbook? In the current implementation I did not find a way to read the results of formulas but just the formulas themselves.

Daniel Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 12, 2003 05:25 PM

Hi Milen, This has to be calculated by an external formula engine. ExcelRW will just read the contents of the file as is. Best regards, Daniel >Do you plan to implement reading the results of formulas on a sheet when opening Excel Workbook? In the current implementation I did not find a way to read the results of formulas but just the formulas themselves.

Greg
Replied On April 27, 2004 05:01 PM

I am under the assumption that the Excel xls file cells contains the value or string of the last calculation. If so, it could indeed be handy to get that, especially if the formula that derived it is non-translatable (non-existent add-in, as of yet unsupported function, etc.). Consider it like a "Paste Special...Values only"

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 28, 2004 08:34 AM

Hi Greg, You are correct in assuming that Excel stores calculated values of the last calculation. This will work if a file has been opened using MSExcel. We will be implementing this feature in the 2.1 release timeframe (Maybe even sooner). Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I am under the assumption that the Excel xls file cells contains the value or string of the last calculation. If so, it could indeed be handy to get that, especially if the formula that derived it is non-translatable (non-existent add-in, as of yet unsupported function, etc.). > >Consider it like a "Paste Special...Values only"

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;