We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExcelRW Formula Import

Do you plan to implement reading the results of formulas on a sheet when opening Excel Workbook? In the current implementation I did not find a way to read the results of formulas but just the formulas themselves.

3 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 12, 2003 10:25 PM UTC

Hi Milen, This has to be calculated by an external formula engine. ExcelRW will just read the contents of the file as is. Best regards, Daniel >Do you plan to implement reading the results of formulas on a sheet when opening Excel Workbook? In the current implementation I did not find a way to read the results of formulas but just the formulas themselves.

GR Greg April 27, 2004 09:01 PM UTC

I am under the assumption that the Excel xls file cells contains the value or string of the last calculation. If so, it could indeed be handy to get that, especially if the formula that derived it is non-translatable (non-existent add-in, as of yet unsupported function, etc.). Consider it like a "Paste Special...Values only"

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2004 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Greg, You are correct in assuming that Excel stores calculated values of the last calculation. This will work if a file has been opened using MSExcel. We will be implementing this feature in the 2.1 release timeframe (Maybe even sooner). Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I am under the assumption that the Excel xls file cells contains the value or string of the last calculation. If so, it could indeed be handy to get that, especially if the formula that derived it is non-translatable (non-existent add-in, as of yet unsupported function, etc.). > >Consider it like a "Paste Special...Values only"

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon