We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabbedMDI panel is not activating form sometimes, when tab is selected

Hi, I am using Tabbed MDI 1.6.1.8 on VS.NET 2003/Win2k. In my application I open a form and add it to my MDI Panel. This form can open custom tooltips (top level windows). When I open a plain vanilla form and add it to my mdi, it is selecting my second form properly. But When I click on the first tab of the TabbedMDI, it is not activating the first form. In tools/MDITabbedPanel.cs line#358, even though my form is not activated, mdiChild.ContainsFocus returns true. So, the mdiChild.Activate() never hit. So the user sees the first tab is selected, but the second form is visible. When I goto my windows->and select my first form from the window list (windows list bar item), it is activating my forms properly. I commented out the tools/MDITabbedPanel.cs line#358, it works fine. In MdiItems.cs line#203, you are not making the focus check. Can you remove this focus check in TabbedMDI as well, in your next build? thanks, - Reddy

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2003 08:02 PM UTC

Hi Reddy Thanks. We will take a look at this issue and update this posting. Regards, Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2003 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, I just heard back from the Essential Tools team on this issue. This seems like a framework bug that ContainsFocus will return true when the form is not active. However, we have removed the ContainsFocus check, but note that we might have to include it back again if this creates problems a different scenario. Regards, Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon